Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

So I took my 8 week old Chi, Bella, to the vet yesterday to get her first set of vaccinations. We also took her because I noticed tapeworms in her stool on Tuesday night. I know tapeworms are caused from the dog usually eating an infested flea, and we have only seen ONE flea on her and that was at my girlfriends apartment where there was another dog. Well to make a long story short, after the visit the vet recommended I start her on Frontline Plus and Heartguard when she hit 9 weeks old. I was all for it, but then I saw the price for Frontline is $40 every 3 months?!?? I guess it was a shock because I have been using Hartz on my JRT Mix for the 9 months I've had him and have never seen a single flea on him or in my house. So my question is, would you use Hartz on your Chi? I mean the money thing isn't a problem, I'm just used to paying $8 for the Hartz so it was a shock. And the Hartz has seemed to work fine.

I was also talking to the vet about Revolution, since it treats fleas, ticks and heartworms but she recommended that I do the frontline plus and heartgard together. What do you use? Opinions, suggestions? Thanks!

Josh

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SunnyFLMum said:
I get three months of the frontline plus for $30 at my vets...Gizmo uses Frontline since he was 9 weeks with no problems...nobody in my family or friends uses anything else so I can't really help on that...anyways...with frontline I half the dose because he is still so little...so if you get 3 months for 40, it's really 6 months because I don't think giving the full dosage when their that little is recommended...so 6 months for $40 is not bad at all...

Also my vet gives me discounts for buying years supply..so see if yours does...or like I said shop around...

I get my heartworm pills for a year for just 40 dollars and if I buy the frontline plus and heartworm (Heartgard) together for a year she gives it to me for $100...which saves me alot...but I get the discount because I have two dogs that go to her...so the more dogs you have the bigger the discount etc.

:wave:
Yeah I have 2 dogs that I take to her also. I'll check on the discount if I buy in bulk..

Are there any other things I should be giving Bella on a regular basis other than flea, tick and heartworm medicine?

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
porshas_momma said:
:shock: You need to shop around for the fronline and get Frontline Plus
its the best I only pay $28.00 for 3 months. Shop around cause your paying to much. call diffrent vets and check there prices, :wink: pricing is wide ranged for some reason. you dont have to change vets just buy the fronline and go on. Good luck:D
Yeah I found it online, $46.99 for a six pack. Pretty good price if anyone else wants to check it out.
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...200&ref=3475&subref=AA&GCID=C12188x004&ctt=61

Also found a 3 pack on ebay for $22 shipped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.