Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a rough time the past few weeks. First I very stupidly managed to seriously hurt my back and ended up with a prolapsed (aka slipped) disc. Then I managed to get really horrid vertigo attacks for about 10 days. Then just in the past week, there have been 2 deaths in my family. (My elderly Aunt died, but far worse, our little nephew, just 14 yrs old, died during an asthma attack.)

Okay, enough about my woes... I just wanted to give a background to where I'm coming from. During this time, no matter how much pain I have been in, physically or mentally, little Harry has kept me feeling that life is worth all the effort and that bad times pass by eventually, too. He has made me laugh, he has made me cry (with laughter at his antics!) and he has just snuggled up and 'looked after' me when I've just needed company. I've had empathetic pets in the past, but Harry is always 'just there', and what's more he's small enough that I can always cope with him being on my lap.

He's made such an enormous difference to my life, and gives me real joy, and I just wondered how many others feel that a Chi has made such a difference to their lives, too.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My gran passed away this year just before my birthday and it was a devastating blow as it was very sudden and i'm so far away it made coping very hard.

My girl seems to know when i'm upset, she let me coddle her for days while I just laid in bed crying and she never attempted to go play or anything, just like she knew I needed someone and she wanted to be there for me.

She's very intuitive about when i'm not feeling well and she almost changes to a nurturer. She keeps me in line :]

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Oh elle I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt and your nephew that is awful tight on top of Xmas too!!! Glad Harry is doing his job and being a companion

Yes daisy has helped me loads but not something I'm gonna go into publically she's changed me a lot and loopy lotus is making me laugh daily

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
First of all, I'm really sorry about all the loss in your family. What a terrible tragedy with your nephew. One of my dancers was having trouble breathing today at class and asked to call her mom to bring her inhaler. Her mom said no. CAn you believe it? People don't realize how bad and dangerous asthma can be. I'm really sorry your nephew had to deal with that.
As for dogs comforting us, my Maya was my it dog. She helped me get through anything the past year and a half that I had her. Since she died on October 8th, things have been really cruddy for me with big and littler things happening that is making me think there is seriously a gremlin messing with me or something. I miss Maya so much as I know she would have helped. But Princess Peach is a good snuggler and has been helpful; just not Maya. I'm glad you have your chi to help you get through this and hope things improve for you.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
One of my dancers was having trouble breathing today at class and asked to call her mom to bring her inhaler. Her mom said no. CAn you believe it?
This makes me absolutely sick, even if the girl was "faking" as some kids do, what would she have done if she wasn't?

This is why I don't have children yet, i'm too uptight!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
This makes me absolutely sick, even if the girl was "faking" as some kids do, what would she have done if she wasn't?

This is why I don't have children yet, i'm too uptight!
I know. I have 4 kids and by the grace of God, they are ok. One is in the navy and talk about worry. So, I had to take class time to make sure she was ok, and have her calm herself so it didn't get worse quick. She is 14 and I said that she has got to keep one in her bag and be responsible for it as it is clear she is the only one she can depend on to help herself. Good grief though. Some people.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I can honestly say that Pippi has completely changed me and my whole life. Id even go so far as to say she's even saved my life... <3 <3 <3

·
Registered
258 Posts
Cinder has definitely made my life better! I've been through huge changes in the past 6 months...moving twice to different states/countries...once to get married and have a huge culture/life change, but shes been with me through it all and shes the one I KNOW will be there for me when I need de-stressing and cuddles. You all understand, I'm sure, but I don't think I could really explain to anyone else how much that little dog really means to me!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My gran passed away this year just before my birthday and it was a devastating blow as it was very sudden and i'm so far away it made coping very hard.

My girl seems to know when i'm upset, she let me coddle her for days while I just laid in bed crying and she never attempted to go play or anything, just like she knew I needed someone and she wanted to be there for me.

She's very intuitive about when i'm not feeling well and she almost changes to a nurturer. She keeps me in line :]
Sorry to hear about your gran. Yes, I'm discovering they really do seem to understand when we're not well or upset.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh elle I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt and your nephew that is awful tight on top of Xmas too!!! Glad Harry is doing his job and being a companion

Yes daisy has helped me loads but not something I'm gonna go into publically she's changed me a lot and loopy lotus is making me laugh daily
Yes, Harry is certainly doing far more than I ever expected of him. And I'm glad to hear that Lotus is playing her part too! :)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loses, it's good to hear that harry is keeping you going, they definetly change your life for the better and know when you are down, tulula always cheers everyone up in our house, we wouldn't be without her

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First of all, I'm really sorry about all the loss in your family. What a terrible tragedy with your nephew. One of my dancers was having trouble breathing today at class and asked to call her mom to bring her inhaler. Her mom said no. CAn you believe it? People don't realize how bad and dangerous asthma can be. I'm really sorry your nephew had to deal with that.
As for dogs comforting us, my Maya was my it dog. She helped me get through anything the past year and a half that I had her. Since she died on October 8th, things have been really cruddy for me with big and littler things happening that is making me think there is seriously a gremlin messing with me or something. I miss Maya so much as I know she would have helped. But Princess Peach is a good snuggler and has been helpful; just not Maya. I'm glad you have your chi to help you get through this and hope things improve for you.
I have to admit I didn't realize how many people died every day with asthma. But it's horrifying to think that a mother would put her child's life at risk like your dancer's Mom!

Sorry to hear you're still missing Maya, it does take a long time to deal with the death of a special pet. Good that you have Princess Peach to at least help, even if it's not the same.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can honestly say that Pippi has completely changed me and my whole life. Id even go so far as to say she's even saved my life... <3 <3 <3
A year ago, I probably wouldn't have believed that was possible, but now I totally do! My counsellor has seen the difference Harry has made to my life in the past (nearly) 6 months, and now she actually suggests Chi ownership to others (suitable candidates only, of course!). I've owned a number of dogs in the past, but Chis are definitely in a league of their own.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cinder has definitely made my life better! I've been through huge changes in the past 6 months...moving twice to different states/countries...once to get married and have a huge culture/life change, but shes been with me through it all and shes the one I KNOW will be there for me when I need de-stressing and cuddles. You all understand, I'm sure, but I don't think I could really explain to anyone else how much that little dog really means to me!
You don't need to explain... I totally get it! :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry to hear of your loses, it's good to hear that harry is keeping you going, they definetly change your life for the better and know when you are down, tulula always cheers everyone up in our house, we wouldn't be without her
I read recently that dogs come in 2 'flavours', apparently - optimists and pessimists. But from what I've seen and heard, I think Chis seem to be mostly optimists. Certainly, the ones I've met have been happy little souls.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I totally agree with all of you! I often refer to Chip as my 'therapy dog'! Lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts