Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya i was at my vets today and he asked if i wanted ruby to have the kennel cough vaccine up her nose i wondered if anyone has had it done and how there dogs reacted it didnt sound very pleasent?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Yes, it's essentially nose drops and they cough and sneeze a bit after it's over but it's quick and painless. I wish they could do all vaccinations like that.

I highly recommend it! :D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
my dogs don't really mind it.. and be sure to get the vaccination in some form.. Kennel Cough can be deadly.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I always ask for the vaccination...half the dose. My Bruiser sneezed and hacked for 5days after he got the "nose spray"! :roll: His nose also ran like he had a cold....he was miserable!! However, he is sensitive that way because of his allergies.

·
Registered
642 Posts
My maltepoo Paris had it, she sneezed once and that was it. I think it's a lot better than a shot. She really didn't seemed bothered by it.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Bosco isn't a big fan of having that kennel cough thing up his nose, but it wasn't that bad. It's a lot better to witness that then to have to watch them get a shot! :shock:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Boogaloo said:
Bosco isn't a big fan of having that kennel cough thing up his nose, but it wasn't that bad. It's a lot better to witness that then to have to watch them get a shot! :shock:
I second that... it's also easier to watch than watching a dog with kennel cough. I can't stand going into the medical ward at the shelter and hearing all the coughing and labored breathing of those dogs. It breaks my heart. They all sound like they've got emphysema or something.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Lina had it. It was the only vaccine she had that I didn't want to cry while they were giving it. The others she just looked at me like, "mommy, why are you letting them do this to me?"

·
Registered
95 Posts
Some of mine are ok with the kc vaccine & some aren't ( the shorter nosed ones).
The first time they have the vaccine they don't know what's happening but after they've had it a few times they get wise to it . :shock:
I find if I put my hand over their eyes they can't see the vet approach them so they don't back off at the crucial moment.
They may splutter a bit after but it's quick & painless just a bit uncomfortable.
As you show your dogs don't let them have this done whilst on the table, hold them in your arms, as you don't want them to associate this with a judge approaching them. :wave:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts