Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3.5 month old chi and she's such a joy. But she has this weird quirk...she hates anything blowing on her. if you blow on her she throws a fit, and I can't blow dry her after her bath cuz she freaks out. In the car i have to move the vents so the air conditioner won't blow on her. she even hates it when she's outside and there's a breeze! she just tries to hide anywhere she can. Do anyone else's chis have this quirk?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
It might be the air hitting her eyes or ears bothers her...Gizzie like the AC in the car as long as it doesn't hit his ears or eyes...maybe because Chi's have such large eyes/ears it bothers them....makes them more sensitive...

but yes I know what you mean....if you blow in Gizmo's face he snaps at ya...lol :D

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
working in a groomers i can say that there are a lot of dogs that HATE being blow dried! i have a bit on my hand right now cause of it lol...

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Marcus hates the blow dryer but since he dries without it in about 5 minutes I don't bother getting it out anymore. He sticks his face in the air conditioner vents in the car though, I think he thinks it's the high tech version of sticking his head out the window.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
LOL Ginger is the exact same way. She hates anything blowing on her. Actually I use that to my advantage when she is misbehaving....sometimes i will catch her trying to eat something off the table, even when I am sitting next to her. Instead of raising my voice or tapping her on the butt...i just blow on her head...she takes off shaking her head (i dont blow in her ears...the back of her head). It drives home the point and doesnt hurt/scare her...lol

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
How strange. Luna is the opposite. She loves it; she even tries to bite the air! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper is certain the hair dryer is a second cousin of the Dreaded Vacuum Monster (DVM). He won't get near one, but the only time he's seen one is at my parents house. (A hair dryer, not a vacuum... well, I think the last time he saw a vacuum USED, it was at my parents house. :shock: )

He does like hanging his head out the car window and the AC vents in the car MUST be directed at him or he gets upset and offended. However, if the AC vents are directed at him and it gets too cold, he must have his blanky over him to protect him from the AC vents blowing directly on him and making him chilly. You cannot and are not allowed to direct the AC vents away from him to avoid the chill.

Yes, he should have come with an owner's manual. :read:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Cooper said:
He does like hanging his head out the car window and the AC vents in the car MUST be directed at him or he gets upset and offended. However, if the AC vents are directed at him and it gets too cold, he must have his blanky over him to protect him from the AC vents blowing directly on him and making him chilly. You cannot and are not allowed to direct the AC vents away from him to avoid the chill.

Yes, he should have come with an owner's manual. :read:
HAHA! Too funny! :lol:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm so glad you posted about this, my Lexi is exactly the same!
It's more of a game to her though than scary so if I blow on her face she goes all crazy and hyper lol.

She makes this cute little chirpy noise when I do it, it's so cute!

She hates the hairdryer though :roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts