Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend first introduced me to geocaching when he got his Garmin Nuvi GPS. Its really fun and you can get some good exercise doing it. If anyone dosen't know what I'm talking about, its almost like a treasure hunt. You go to the geocaching website and find where caches are hidden in your area. Then you transfer the location of the cache to your GPS, then It will show you how to get to where the cache will be. Its not always as easy as it sounds, they can be hard to find. The caches can be any size from micro to really big. Inside they contain goodies of all sort and a log where you record that you have found it. If you take a goodie, you must replace it with another goodie of equal value. Its really fun! I was just wondering if anyone here has tried it, if so, does your Chihuahua enjoy joining you for the hunt?

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
yes, I have been geocaching ....its fun!
Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site

I have a trackable 'bug' (Diablo TBKFEY ) out there....its in Louisiana right now :) I also had one for my last CHI, Tito, (Tito the Chihuahua TBKCQ1 ) but went to retrieve it and now have it in my hands.... he died and I wanted it back home....

Geocaching is fun but I was caching with my son and now he is too busy to get out anymore since kids and business....

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
I am still not understanding .... :(

People hide things in the park, forest, anywhere really.... I found one outside the front door of a Cracker Barrel resturant on an old time washing machine one time....
you find a 'cache' on the website.... then enter the coordinates into your GPS... and then trek off to find that cache... it can be hidden inside a log, under leaves... anywhere... its not easy to find sometimes, the coordinates are appox and not a pinpoint.... when you find the cache, say its a tupperware sandwich box, then you open it and take an article out and put one back in.... kinda like treasure hunting....

·
Registered
342 Posts
yes, macy and jordan really enjoy it, they love hiking, and they always like to pop their heads in the cache and see if theres anything good for them, lol. I'm planning to hide a dog themed one this spring.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Wow this sounds really interesting i just bought myself a new sat nav so maybe i will try it in the summer will get my hubby too look it up too see if it is in my area at all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts