Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting one done for my wedding and just wondering how long they last for ? if they rub off on clothes ? I am getting married on the 9th so would have it done on the 30th August just before I go on holiday - will it last till then plus im going to la and palm springs beofre so hoping to top up my tan there aswell :D

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I have not had one before but I heard they last about 5 to 7 days and I think they cost about $30 here in Illinois.

I think I would get it done well before the wedding and see how I liked it before committing to using it for a glow at the wedding. :)

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Clare, my friend had it done before she went on holiday last year and for the first few days she looked like a carrot! :lol: She had it done a week before the holiday and by then, it was more natural looking.Also, it did stain a little...if you do it make sure its way before you put on that white dress, it would be awful to have orange marks on it!! :shock:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i hope you won't be tangoo-ed :D i always read your UK magazines and ........a lot of orange people there :D

i never done it before......i think it streaks......
i always do like this :wink: ( i'm a very white person)

- in the morning shower + overall scrub
- apply self-tanner all over your body (first body-lotion,so you don't get streaks)
- go to the tanning salon for a sunbed
-moisturize with brownaccelerater (before sunbed)

and then you have an even ,natural and nice brown colour :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
936 Posts
If its the one that you go in the booth and do...I have a friend who does it all the time. She thinks it works really well, but unfortunately they do wash away really quick. I think you should do it couple days before the wedding. BTW Congratulations!!! :wave:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol thanks for the advice guys - i dont like sunbeds Im a nurse and have seen the effects and its not nice :cry: I will definately give it a go and a trial way before my hol and wedding lol :lol:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
hmmm i dont recommend it, my friend had one and she said she was all streaky and she was very disappointed and after all you want to look lke a queen at your wedding instead of a tangerine! I recommend a product fake tan called fake bake: it is absolutely fantastic! you apply it and it is a dark colour so you know where you are applying it then in the morning you get in the shower and you are left with a golden brilliant tan with no straks and you are not orange like most fake tans! i can not stress how fantastic it is. Try on ebay they sell it. keep us updated!
xfayex

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Hi,

I have had st tropezs in my life where the beautician applys the tan to you. I ave had it done b4 holidays but in the end find it does not stay on that long.

My suggestions is buy a bottle of the st tropez stuff called auto-bronzant. It has a vegetable dye in it that shows you where you ae putting it. I wear it almost every week as I am naturally a snow-woman!! Take the bottle and apply it yourself or get proffesional to do it first time so you can watch how it s done. Then you can top0up but remember exfoliate atleast 3 times a week it prepares your skin realy well.

Good luck xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
837 Posts
My mum has tried a lot of self-tanners and recommends The St Tropez one Iamafairy mentioned in the previous post. Just the one you rub in yourself. I use Dr Lewin's private formula. I really like. Leaves a nice golden tan and lasts about a week.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I have never figured out how to apply a self-tanner and NOT get streaks. I wish one of the places around here had a professional self-tanner-applier-person. I would go there in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Fake bake leaves no streaks! It is what all the celebs were and it cost around £12.00 sorry only know british! It is made out of natural ingrediants and also a vegetable dye and i give it a million stars rated! its great! It lasts around a week! and you dont need loads! :p

·
Registered
481 Posts
fake bake sounds good but i am slightly olive skinned and have a natural tann from growing up in australia so are there any good prouducts to like top up a tan?
ive heard that johnsons holiday skin is good?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I use the spray tan, I actually went to a salon 2 days before the wedding and had an airbrush tan...takes longer than the spray booth, but it's even in color...

People actually think I am this color...LOL :wink:

Do a trial run before anything....last thing you want to do is end up orange... :shock:

·
Registered
1 Posts
St Tropez Sray Tan

Hi! I had St Tropez Spray Tan done in a holiday shop called Beachstop in Manchester City Centre and it was ace! But it was in England. Fab tan though!!!!! :lol: No streaks either and I didn't look orange.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
my sis had one done a week ago and she is really orange and streaky and its not coming off! she had a spray tan done for 30 pounds and she was quite disappointed

·
Registered
113 Posts
I do the spray booth kind of tans, I think they are called Mystic Tan. I love it. I exfoliate really well and then moisturize really well or you will turn orange and be streaky. I go once every 2 weeks. If you make sure that you stay really well moisturized it lasts longer. I seriously love this kind of tan.

If you do get this kind of tan and notice that you have a little orangey spots you can take nail polish remover and rub it really lightly where you are orange and it evens out the color. Not that nail polish remover is good for the skin but it does help. Another thing to remember too is to make sure that you really exfoliate your knees and elbows really well and moisturize really well there too or it will be an off color.

I would reccomend a trial run though before your wedding. Good luck.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I've done the mystic tan and I was so streaky and orange it looked ridiculous!! I've heard it gets better when you know what you're doing though. My friend swears by the airbrush tan if you really want something special...it's kind of expensive but worth the money for something important like a wedding!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Im a total slave to fake tan and never seen without it :D I've tryed the most expensive ones down the the cheap ones - I hate st tropez and wouldn't recommend it!. But after being through dior, clinique and all the rest, I found the best one was fakebake. Its £26 to buy on there site and in shops, but £13.99 on ebay :lol: Its a bit scary first of all though cos u literally go black but thats just the colour guide, but when u wash it off ur left with a goldeny tan.
And I found the best one for legs was £1.50 wipes from wilkinsons LOL I was very sceptic about it first of all due to the price, but its defintely a 10/10 on my skin.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts