Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent noticed any posts from pinkprincess21 lately & was wondering if she was ok. I had this feeling like maybe she was having a hard time still since her last post seemed so stressful to her. Hope she is okay.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Awww, you girls are so sweet :) But I'm back and everything is OK on the home front lol Just a little crazy right now.

For starters, since I know some are wondering, Dawn is doing a little better. We did change her diet a little. Not as much fiber, laying off anything artificial (sp?) as much as possible. She gets water and fruit juice to drink more than kool-aid or tea now. She seems to be doing better. She was sick there for a few days but it was just a little upset tummy and she's doing fine with it now. We took her to the doctor and just as I thought she said that her being 3 and not potty trained is fine and she'll do it on her own. But I don't agree with that. I don't want to change a 3 year olds diaper. So, we're just trying it our own way again. We did start a chart for her (hanging in her room lol). She gets a little star (like the ones the teachers use) everyday that she is good. We're using it not only as a potty training method but also with her whinning (which she does a lot of) and her fit throwing (also does a lot of). She doesn't really understand the concept that much right now but I'm sure she'll catch one when she connects the fact that she gets a treat (candy instead of a toy) after a week of being good about all 3 things. We explain it to her everytime. With my bf back to work it's a little easier on me because there is no one for her to run to when she's getting into trouble. Her dad would always baby her and make her think that whatever she did was OK which was not helping at all. So, maybe with him working now it'll be better :)

Also, we're planning her 3rd birthday party (May 18th is her bday) and that's kept me pretty busy too. We're doing a Barbie Princess and Pauper (sp?) party instead of Disney Princess cause I like the stuff better lol. I just really want her to wear the tiara :lol: So, that's taking up a lot of my time.

We're also planning a garage sale for our towns yearly garage sale day in May (or June?). Since my stuff on ebay isn't selling I figured I might as well do it this way :D . So, I've been really super busy going through clothes and toys and everything else that I might want to get rid of and make a little extra cash on. Garage sales are so much work though!

We also closed on our old house and ended going out and buying more stuff for this house, so I'm still putting stuff away from that. It's a real problem when my bf just keeps bringing more stuff home with him lol

I think that's about it. There hasn't been much going on besides those few things lol...if you can call that a few. I have been dropping buy every now and then to see what's up with everyone...just didn't have time to post anything.

Oh! Before I go, here is a picture I took just today of my new hair color. Most of you know that I'm blonde (or probably could have guessed :lol: ) but now it's more like a strawberry blonde...which is what I was before I got pregnant...I haven't changed my hair color since I turned it orange once :lol: I think it's cute though :) My hair style however is what is horrible..I'm in the process of letting it grow and can't decide if I should go with bangs or without lol

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i like that color on you! as far as the style, try to grow out your bangs, it's hair, if you don't like it cut it again :) if you cut it too short hey, it will grow back again! i see hair as an accessory and i've gotten some really bad cuts in my lifetime but after a day of being sad about it i just go with it and before i know it it's growing out again......

glad to hear everything is working out for you. i understnad what it's like to have someone contradicting you as far as what you are trying to do with your child and raising them. we live with my mother! so a husband might be bad but a mother!!!! imagine. although as kylie gets older my mom agrees with me more and more, so maybe it will be like that for you to.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad everything is okay with you I know children can be stressfull so I was just making sure you didnt pack up & head for the hills ha ha. I live by myself with my 2 year old but I know what you mean about mothers Im not allowed to get on to MY son when Im at my mothers cause it upsets her & then she babies him I told her one day that I would have to stop comming over if he wasnt able to be disciplined at her house she has somewhat backed off but you know how mothers are.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
My mother is really good about staying out of the way when it coems to discipline. We have gotten into it over the years because she wanted to baby Amanda and not have her disciplined around her and I just point blank told her how it was going to be and after that my mom just keeps her mouth shut...

The one time we were at a store and Amanda(was about 4) had a tantrum... We were at the check out stand and I excused myself and walked Amanda over to the walll and told her to stand there it was the corner.. She stopped crying and throwing her fit.. I made her stand there while I finished paying for my stuff and then I walked over to Amanda and took her hand and said lets go.....

The clerk thanked me after I put Amanda in the corner. My mom just stood there with her mouth opened...

You know Amanda never has acted badly in a store again after that...

I do believe that children need discipline... they do not know right from wrong when they are born... they are a like a blank chalk board. the only thing that gets written on the chalk board is what we write on it... think about the chils brain... yes he has smarts but you have to correct what is wrong to make it right... and they learn things only by being taught...

good luck and god bless.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts