Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into DAP products for Tillie. She's very nervous plus agressive towards my other two for no reason. I've read some positive reviews but just wanted some honest opinions on it.

Anyone here tried any DAP products?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I had an Irish Wolfhound with severe anxiety and seperation problems and the vet suggested I try the DAP plug-in..........well first night he unplugged it and chewed it into tiny little pieces lol......I must ad that he had never chewed anything before lol.....probably not the feedback you were hoping for.........
We couldn't overcome his problems and he was 6 months when we got him and we tried for 6 months but had to admit defeat in the end as he wasn't letting us get any sleep and sadly had to return him to his breeder. x

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I don't feel like it is a "miracle worker", it's kinda pricey, and IMO it didn't do much at all to help my shy girl. But maybe it will be helpful with aggression?

·
Registered
644 Posts
i use the DAP spray as i find it useful to spray inside the car to calm Stottie when we go out, i spray it all over the house when there's fireworks going off and i spray the blankets/carrier/stroller when we do vet visits.
i've found it really effective for my three in stressful situations.
it's worth giving it a try for Tillie. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes I have got them all plug in the house. It seems to work with mine. I used that for the cat grieving, dog behaviour problems and it seems to calm them down. I have friends that used them too and found them work for them too.

I was going to try the collar for one of my dogs in the past, but didn't get round to do it as in fact she has a health problems and she has to have the medication instead to stop the weird behaviour problem.

·
Registered
644 Posts
i opted for the spray rather than the plug-ins or collars because all items were pricey.
but the spray has lasted ages and i can spray where a plug-in would be used. plus i bought a cheap velvet collar for Stottie and spray that for him to wear in the car.
i reckon i've saved quite a bit of money doing that.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
i use the DAP spray as i find it useful to spray inside the car to calm Stottie when we go out, i spray it all over the house when there's fireworks going off and i spray the blankets/carrier/stroller when we do vet visits.
i've found it really effective for my three in stressful situations.
it's worth giving it a try for Tillie. :)
How is Stottie in the car?
I've been using Bachs Rescue Remedy in the car for Lou as he pants and trembles :(

Is that what Stottie did?
I'm nearly out of the rescue remedy and if the DAP spray works that might be something to look intoi getting

·
Registered
644 Posts
How is Stottie in the car?
I've been using Bachs Rescue Remedy in the car for Lou as he pants and trembles :(

Is that what Stottie did?
I'm nearly out of the rescue remedy and if the DAP spray works that might be something to look intoi getting
Stottie pants, drools, shakes and vomits :(
i've tried travel tablets and ginger products (sometimes he'll eat them but most times he wont) and i really don't want to medicate him with sedatives if i can avoid it.
i've not found any Children's Bachs Rescue Remedy locally, i must look online for it.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Stottie pants, drools, shakes and vomits :(
i've tried travel tablets and ginger products (sometimes he'll eat them but most times he wont) and i really don't want to medicate him with sedatives if i can avoid it.
i've not found any Children's Bachs Rescue Remedy locally, i must look online for it.
Oh Louie isn't that bad. He just shakes and pants. But it obviously stresses him out. He is alot better with the Rescue Remedy and just shakes a little, it does noticeably help him. I just buy the normal rescue remedy and give him 4 little droplets on TOTW kibbles. I have some sample bags I use as treats.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I just buy the normal rescue remedy and give him 4 little droplets on TOTW kibbles. I have some sample bags I use as treats.
i'm wary of using the regular rescue remedy as the basis is grape based brandy/alcohol and grapes are poison to dogs.
maybe i'm being over cautious but i don't want to risk it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts