Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has read the book Chihuahua Secrets? It's an e-book that costs about $18 and I thought about buying it, but $18 buys a cool goody for my chi and I'd rather know if the book is any good before I dump the money there.

If anyone knows if the claims the author makes are really covered in the book, can you let me know and help me decide whether to spend the cash or not?? :read2:

THANKS!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I've never read it but did see it a lot when I did Chihuahua searches before I got Bosco. If you do read it, let me know what you think. I didn't bother because I assumed I could get the same type of information here or in the book Chihuahuas for Dummies...

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have it and was so exited when i ordered it but there is nothing in the book that you cant get from any good chihuahua book i was very disappointed

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I think I'll pass on it, then. Chuhuahuas for Dummies? Hey, that sounds like me! :lol: Maybe I can talk the library into getting it. Or does someone have an old copy I can trade for?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To Donna

Donna, do you still have the book? I don't have any books on Chis at all because all of my other dogs were different breeds.

Would you be willing to trade something for the book? I'm a graphic artist/copywriter by trade but also do Tarot readings and sew some things for people. You can visit my website or check my ratings at eBay if you're wondering if I'm reliable enough to trade with.

http://www.ladyofthelake.biz

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=ladyofthelakedotbiz

Thanks,
Pam

·
Registered
16 Posts
HI Pam
The book is form USA and was sent by Email to me in UK and to be honest I'm not that good with computers, but what I will do is have a word with my hubby when he gets home from work to see if I can send it by email or print it off and send it through the post. If you will cover the costs of postage or we can trade something thats fine with me.

Thanks Donna
PS just had a look at your web site its really good

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Donna! I can tell you how to send the book through the computer and I'd be happy to pay shipping on whatever you might want in exchange! The last chi I had was almost 40 years ago so I've forgotten everything I knew and would love to read a book or two on the babies.

Thanks for the compliment on my website. I'm retiring and trying to set it up to make just enough money to keep me in kibble and gas money to visit my mom who lives in a different state. I'm still working on Lady of the Lake, though. I'm adding information CDs and critter costumes to it in the next couple of months.

·
Registered
16 Posts
HI Pam good news I can send the book through email I just need your address if you can post it on here I will send the book asap.
So are you planning on getting a Chihuahua or have you already got one?
I lost my 15 year old in Feb this year her name was Bambi and it broke my heart losing her as you can imagine.
After a long time thinking I decided to get a puppy her name is Izzy shes 7 months now and what a hand full but glad I got her.
Donna

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi! YOU'RE THE GREATEST! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

My email address is [email protected].

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been fixing my mom's motorhome and am so old now I lose track of things! OYE

I'm so glad you can get another puppy! Tell me when you do!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
on the origial question i wouldnt really recommend anyone purchasing an ebook, surely if the book was as good as they claim, they couldve had it published normaly. As someone sed previously you probably get the same information as any other standard chihuahua book, except you can normaly pick the actual books up cheaper, and it much nicer owning them, than some text on your computer. one of my personal favourite books is the chihuahua handbook, by some one named caroline collie i think, it is very breed specific to chihuahuas and has lovely pictures, you can find iton amazon which is where i purcahsed the book from.
mia
x

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, Mia! I'll look for it.
I love to read and I love even more to read about my critters!

Oops! I just noticed that I'd said 'tell me when do" get a chi to you, Donna, and you have Izzy! I'm such a numbskull.

I didn't have a pet for a very long time because I was in a lifestage that pretty much prevented it, but I'm so glad now that I can have babies again. We also have 2 feral cats that live in a dog house we put in the back yard for them. I need to contact the feral cat people here to get a trap so we can have them neutered/spayed to keep from being overrun with kittens that will need homes, though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts