Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Companion Natural Pet Food - Chicken Heart Bites - Free Shipping

Was wondering if anyone has heard anything about them, used them, or if you would consider using them? Thought it was kind of interesting. Excuse me for sounding uneducated, but are these just as good as fresh organ? Or is there some extra benefit to organ before it was freeze-dried like this? Also, I think I already know the answer to this, but are these an appropriate snack for my chis who regularly eat kibble, with occasional chicken/raw eggs? Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Companion Natural Pet Food - Chicken Heart Bites - Free Shipping

Was wondering if anyone has heard anything about them, used them, or if you would consider using them? Thought it was kind of interesting. Excuse me for sounding uneducated, but are these just as good as fresh organ? Or is there some extra benefit to organ before it was freeze-dried like this? Also, I think I already know the answer to this, but are these an appropriate snack for my chis who regularly eat kibble, with occasional chicken/raw eggs? Thanks in advance! :)
You could certainly try them out. Sounds like they are just dehydrated hearts. Hearts are meat, they are fed as a meat. Same with gizzards.

Organs are liver (which must be 5% of the diet if you are feeding prey model) and other squishy organs such as pancreas, sweetbreads, kidneys, brain.

Certainly they would be a great snack! Grain free, all meat, what's not to like! :)

No, they aren't quite as good as fresh raw organ. But they are a close second!

If you are looking for other dehydrated meat snacks, bestbullysticks has a nice assortment. I have tried their dogitos (dried lamb, beef, goat lung), their ostrich medley (dehydrated ostrich pieces), gator bites (alligator), salmon paws (dehydrated salmon). Those are all good. Bravo makes a nice dried venison liver treat which is 100% deer liver and Brody likes those too.

I recently found this store in Canada which sells some nice dehydrated snacks.....

http://www.renspets.com/index.php/browse/category/id/76a01

Nothing Added - dehydrated treats such as chicken and duck feet (very high in glucosamine), dehydrated beef liver and lungs. I haven't tried these yet but they look good.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much! :) That's definitely what I was hoping to hear, so hopefully I will be able to order something like this soon for them. Thanks for the extra ideas! Can't wait! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts