Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
12-14 yr young male Chi, flown in from Maricopa County Shelter U.S. two weeks ago here to Canada. Picked him up from the vets last Friday evening. I have never owned a dog before. I am fostering him.

Sometimes he uses his paws to rub his face & licks them (so I know he's cleaning) but other times, he takes his face & plows it into a blanket or bedding. I can't tell if this is just something he does, or if his eyes are bugging him, or maybe his ears.

Maybe he has fleas??? EW & maybe that's why I've developed a rash ( I was thinking food allergies, as I've been having those issues the past week, b4 he arrived in my care. Or maybe I am allergic to dogs as well as cats?!?!?!

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry my bad, I forgot we picked him up on Monday from the Vet. I developed this *rash* on Sunday..., but it still *could be*

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
....Sometimes he uses his paws to rub his face & licks them (so I know he's cleaning) but other times, he takes his face & plows it into a blanket or bedding. I can't tell if this is just something he does, or if his eyes are bugging him, or maybe his ears....
you just described my Tabitha. She loves to clean herself like a kitten. She rolls
on her back, licks her paws, and cleans her face. It's incredibly cute. As for the
plowing into the blanket--sounds like burrowing. Most Chi's love to dig in to their
bed or burrow under blankets. It's pretty normal.
Since he traveled by air, he should have had a health certificate. If you still have
concerns about him, check back with your Vet.

Congrats on your new dog :)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
When my guys have runny nose (can be normal) or their eyes water they plow their faces in the covers, they also do this just for fun at times ;-)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you just described my Tabitha. She loves to clean herself like a kitten. She rolls
on her back, licks her paws, and cleans her face. It's incredibly cute. As for the
plowing into the blanket--sounds like burrowing. Most Chi's love to dig in to their
bed or burrow under blankets. It's pretty normal.
Since he traveled by air, he should have had a health certificate. If you still have
concerns about him, check back with your Vet.

Congrats on your new dog :)
Yes, they're neutered/spayed, micro-chipped, & a few other things, I cannot find the list for. Although they had a check-up with the Vet Monday, all that Vet did, was tell us what may be ailing them & Since I am just fostering right now, & he is not mine ( although I was interested in adopting him) I suspect the adopters would get other stuff checked into more thoroughly.

Thanks for your feedback! :)

When my guys have runny nose (can be normal) or their eyes water they plow their faces in the covers, they also do this just for fun at times ;-)
He's had a runny eye...so maybe that's the culprit! :) Plus I notice when he does this, he is VERY excited too.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Cookie does that when he's feeling playful. He'll rub his head on the floor or on the bed. He does that when he's feeling lively and playful.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Yes, they're neutered/spayed, micro-chipped, & a few other things, I cannot find the list for. Although they had a check-up with the Vet Monday, all that Vet did, was tell us what may be ailing them & Since I am just fostering right now, & he is not mine ( although I was interested in adopting him) I suspect the adopters would get other stuff checked into more thoroughly.

Thanks for your feedback! :)

He's had a runny eye...so maybe that's the culprit! :) Plus I notice when he does this, he is VERY excited too.
yeah just like Cookie my 14 year old. He gets playful and does it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts