Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I bring out the camera Amberleah lou lou hides, she puts her ears down. I try giving her treats making it fun but no luck :foxes15:. Any other ideas.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I read in a book once, that to a lot of dogs a camera looks like a giant eye staring at them, and since to dogs a big eye with a big dilated pupil is threatening I it leads to a lot of dogs being afraid of them. After looking into my camera closely it made total sense to me! Kerri was like this for a long time, even though we started taking pictures early. We finally got it so she was only shy around DSLRs, so we set one on the ground and let her sniff it and put treats around it for a day. I think she realized that it was not actually alive and a giant eye, because she got better. Still though, she really does not want to look directly at the camera. I trained her with a commend "look at me" and if I am holding a DSLR she will look at me (and it) but she always looks nervous when she does it, so I try to stick to more action shots. Or I just take pictures with my phone, that does not seem to bother her!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that make lot of since to me. I am going to try the treat thing around it. I had posted a picture of her on a site wishing them happy St.Patrick's day and a guy said i was cruel to make her pose for pictures and put the dress on her. I told him she hates camera yes but loves her clothes.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
my girls do the same thing . lol. try finding things that make noises that she's never heard before. that may get her attention and if you time it just right when you are about to snap the pic. even dropping something that makes noise on the floor, right when your going to take the pic. put some coins in a jar and shake it to get her attention... something like that... ;)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Yes to everything Elaina said! Also a pgotographer who does a lot of pet stuff once told me the trick is to make the noise at the moment you are pressing the shutter, and it really does work. I always feel like they will be looking away, but making the noise right with the button press has gotten some of the best pics I have, even if they weren't looking at the camera the second before.

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
LOL mine are use to a camera in their face HA HA HA but Bg does this at times

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Ha,ha,ha, love all the ideas. Raisin is mine that absolutely closes her eyes and turns her head..I did find that it was the noise on my camera phone that clued her in. If I put the silence on that is muted and does help. It can be absolutely hilarious trying to get pics of all three.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My husband plays with her and puts food in his hand shakes it all over and she gets so excited i think that be great time to take some pictures. I do it and she just sits there, guess it is just their game.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Zari is the same way...very difficult to get a pic of her without her ears flat or her lying down :D Izzy on the other hand has become quite the little diva with picture taking..show her a camera and she will show you an attitude :D:

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Oh yeah I get most of mine from having my camera set on continous and getting them natural. BG hates to model. BG is a major Daddy's girl

·
Banned
33 Posts
Mine does not see the camera as a thread, he is always happy :D
Maybe it helps when you keep more distance from the dog while taking the pic?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts