Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have not posted or been on much.I always knew something was wrong with Holly but really did not want to hear what. She has had a heart murmur since since was first seen at the vet. She also always sounded sorta raspy,have bluish tongue and gums, when playing running around she will sometimes have to lay down and open her mouth extend her neck to get air in. If she runs real fast she would have to lay down try to stand and her little legs would give out and she would have to lay back down till she got enough air. So she finally had some tests and scans done of her heart. She has been diagnosed with Patent ductus arteriosus or (PDA) hers is right to left shunt which is rare they say and not operable. Rest and keeping her calm avoid stressful situations etc.. for now which is hard for a puppy who wants to play. I was told most dogs live 3-5 years. Holly is still tiny holding at 2lbs she is almost 8 months old now she will be on the 15th of this month. It just breaks my heart she is such an awesome girl and so well behaved. I have had contact with Holly's siblings none of them have this issue just my sweet Holly :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this, will be praying for your little one. "Hugs and Cuddles for Holly"

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I am so very sorry. It will be hard to keep her still. But I hope she has a long, happy life with you. *hugs*

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hey Jenn so glad to have you back. I am so sorry to hear about Holly. Is she inside only or does she she go out to run and play? She is so adorable as is Zoe. Sending many (((((HUGS))))) your way and prayers.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Glad to have you back, but I am so sorry about Holly. Nobody wants to get that kind of news about their baby. At least you know that you will provide her with a great life as long as you can.

My thoughts are with you and Holly right now. {hugs}

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Hey, Jenn. My heart stopped when I saw this thread title. I am so sorry to hear about little Holly. She is just so adorable. Life can be so cruel. At least you know she's in the best hands with you. No one loves her like you do and you will be able to provide the best, happy life for her for as long as she lives.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Did the vet give you anything to help her breath like some kind of inhaler? Some kind of meds? Anything. I just don't believe there's "nothing" that can be done, but that's me! I never give up. I keep trying & looking, research! I don't always believe what the professionals say. They are human & make mistakes, misdiagnoses. I am so sorry this baby is going through this.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
I am so sorry! Are you near a Vet School? I just goggled this online and supposedly some schools have a few procedures that are not invasive but help. Also I would start a routine if supplements and herbs to her diet. According to my holistic book L-taurine. L-Carnitine CoQ10 vitamin e flax seed oil hawthorn (herb)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Oh I am so sorry. Ive been through a heart murmur and heart disease with a dear pet before. Thankfully she will be around for a while. Try to remember and focus on the positive. Glad to see you back though. Hugs to you and Holly!!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that, Jenn. She is such a precious pup, it breaks my heart. It must be very hard to keep her still and it is so hot right now. Does the heat make it worse? And what about your daughter, does she know?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I am SO very sorry, Jenn!

I am going to believe that with your good care for her that she can have the best possible outcome.

Bless you for being diligent with her care.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
So sorry to hear this. I know that while she is here you will give her the best life possible and enjoy every minute with her.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
So sorry to hear about Holly. I'll be thinking of both of you. I'm sure you'll take very good care of her and she'll be a happy little pup.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
So sorry to see this news about Holly. Thank goodness though she is in such caring hands.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Jenn so sorry to hear about Holly!! Have you thought about taking her to a Holistic Vet, if finances allow. This gives you a challenge to come up with ways to entertain her without letting her run around too much! Look at as a challenge for you to be creative with her! I wish you both all the best. But keep looking on the bright side! At least you know that you need adjust to what her needs will be. She's just so cute!!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone and the kids know since I am trying to have them help me keep her from getting excited. You know how hard it is to not have a Chi get excited well it's nearly impossible. I do not believe any Vet schools are near me that I know of will haveto search around. I am also looking into a second opinion but it is costly. She is mainly indoors she goes out for a little bit but when it is cooler since we have been having some super hot days. I will also look into the supplements suggested. I have decided to stop worrying and just enjoy the time we will have together.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Ah man I hate this kind of news. I'm so sorry my friend. I wish our pups lived
healthy lives without any problems, but it is what it is, all you can do is give her
the best quality of life and care that you can. I trust that she is in good hands
with you Jenn. I believe that everything happens for a reason, this baby ended
up with you because you were meant to help her, many people would not even
bother. You have my love and support, I am sending lots of healing thoughts to
sweet Holly and big hugs to you. Keep on staying positive, I'm here if you want
to chat. Talk soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts