Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amanda and I went to Walmart to return our soda cans( I know not all of you have to do this but here in Oregon we have deposits on our soda bottles and cans) So we had 2 very large garbage bags full of soda bottles and cans( haven't did this chore for a while). We got there... and of course I had Gadget with me... It ws almost 80 degrees outside and the can and bottle machines (you put the cans and bottles in them and they crush them and count how much money you get back) were all full but 2 and they were being used by this nice little old couple that loved gadget.. any way they got done and left.. we started our cans through the machine and the bottle machine was full. Amanda walked in the store to tell somebody we needed help at the machines outside(she does this job all the time) well, we stood there... I had already dumped all the bottles and cans out into the cart. We stood there and a couple more people came up and they walked in and told someone we needed help... and we stood there... and we stood there... abouth this time I was getting really mad... So I went in and told some body we needed help.. walked back out and stood there and stood there... I was getting really mad and I told Amanda if Somebody doesn't get out her really soon I was going in there nad telling them how P****D I was getting... She told me no mom I will go... she walked through the door and turned around and came back out and following her was a manager.... and then another manager came out behind her... they were really sweet and they said all their sorries and began to fix the machines... so after all this I finally got my 2 carts full of soda bottles and cans returned... I got there at 3:45pm and didn't not get done until 4:35pm. Now I could understand taking that long if there were alot of people using the machines but onlyy 3 people besides us were there the whole time we were there.... When I got home I was so mad I told Mark that we had to figure something else out because i wasn't going to deal with that again,.... This is the second time in a row this has happened to me.... I HATE SODA CAN DEPOSITS AND I HATE RETURNING THEM!!!!!!!!

<Stepping off the soap box now> sorry for such a long post
does any body else have this problem or are were the only ones?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I can understand you getting mad! I would have been too! What a nuisance that you have to return the cans and bottles each time... :)

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
That sounds frustrating!!!

I hate taking bottles back too. I think I'm just going to give them away to someone next time. Like a kid or someone who needs them. All we ever get is like $10 for lots of work. It's just not worth it for us.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is frustrating,,, and time consuming... The good part of it is When Amanda and I do it together we usually go out and get a treat afterwareds.. Like McDonalds, or Ice cream or something fun like that... I try to do it weekly or at the most everyother week.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
You have to pay deposits on cans and bottles? Geez, I thought that practice went out with the dinasours! :lol: I can remember years ago having to pay a deposit on glass soda bottles, but never on cans.

They encourage everyone in Florida to recycle of course, and items which can be recycled are picked up along with regular trash - just in a seperate container. If you are really industrious, you can take them to a recycling plant and collect for them, but I'm too lazy. :lol:

Geez, that must be frustrating.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think there are only a handle full of states that still have deposits... It sucks... The really bad part is that I can't give them away because someof our neighbors give their cans to Amanda... So here we are doing this very awful chore...

oh well, I guess life could be worse....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts