Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't felt like my self in a long time. My mind was (and is) always blank. I find it difficult to talk some times and my eyesight is weird. It's so weird i can't explain it. But i'll try. it seems like i have keener eyesight these days but its like i can't commprehend much of anything. like talking to someone stranger/nonstranger it just don't comprehend like it used to.

I also have had negative thoughts and worried a lot about people around me. I have been scared my mom will get alzhteimers and my dad will have another stroke. He has had 2 before the age of 60. :(.

So w/ that said I had started taking SJW, St. john's worts. Within the first week the negative thoughts and worrying along with some anxiety went away but not the blank mind or the vision symptoms. I am on another forum, and found out something about "Brain Fog."

Anybody have any idea what exactly brain fog is? I have been researching but haven't yet really found an answer or treatment. I just want to feel like my old self.

At one time i thought it was the whole growing up process since I am only 24. Another few things is that i find it hard going out. like i don't want to be around new people because of the eyesight. :(. Its not like everything is blurry, i can see detail on a lot.

i just want to know what brain fog is and/or why i am not feeling like myself. :(

I also suffer from insomnia... right now as i am editing this it is 12:22am on 5-16-2011 and i'm still wide awake.

I know that many of you aren't doctors and will probably recommend me to go see my dr but i am hoping that someone can give me some advice...

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I do think you should see a doctor(not the answer you want i know).My daughter suffers from imbalance of the ear caused by a virus she must have got a few years back,she feels dizzy and hates crowds as that makes it worse,she's had it for 3 years and has stopped driving her car now as her eyes can't focus properly.please see your doctor

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Sounds to me like you have a lot of difficult things going on in your life that's causing anxiety, depression, & fear. Although, I'm not a dr, I too, would recommend talking to one. It's easy to become fearful in our lives and very worried about the ones we love. Although we don't have much control of what happens around us, we do have some control on how to make ourselves happy & to stay healthy. Animals can add a very healthy balance of happiness to our lives if we let them. It's no good to sit at home and worry about things that may not happen. Deal with things as they happen, if they happen. Get out, go for a walk, learn how to shut your mind off at night so you can get some healthy rest. Enjoy the happiness a new pup can bring. When you're tired & worried all the time, things always seem worse than they really are. With proper diet, exercise & rest, a clear head can help you deal with difficult situations better and things don't seem as bad.

·
Registered
644 Posts
go along to your doctor and ask to have a full blood panel done.

i had similar symptoms to the ones you're describing, especially the "brain fog".
i had such a terrible time trying to focus on anything and my brain seemed to be permanently on slow. the world seemed to be rushing around me in sharp focus but i couldn't seem to "grab" onto anything.
i was depressed, anxious and had negative thoughts that brought on bouts of insomnia.
i just didn't seem to be myself in any way, shape or form.

you know what the problem was?
my thyroid had stopped working.
a simple blood test and a daily tablet and i was soon feeling well again.

please don't go on feeling like this. go and get checked out. :)
you never know - it might be something as easily diagnosed and fixed as my problem.
good luck and get well soon.

let us know how you get on.

Emma x

i just wanted to add that i took a good friend along with me to my appointment to help explain what was wrong.
she ended up doing most of the talking for me as i couldn't get my mouth to work properly. (quite frightening at the time)
one of the worst things about my undiagnosed state, was that i had an inability to answer questions and it was a struggle to even speak at times because my mind was so muddled and working slow.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sounds to me like you have a lot of difficult things going on in your life that's causing anxiety, depression, & fear. Although, I'm not a dr, I too, would recommend talking to one. It's easy to become fearful in our lives and very worried about the ones we love. Although we don't have much control of what happens around us, we do have some control on how to make ourselves happy & to stay healthy. Animals can add a very healthy balance of happiness to our lives if we let them. It's no good to sit at home and worry about things that may not happen. Deal with things as they happen, if they happen. Get out, go for a walk, learn how to shut your mind off at night so you can get some healthy rest. Enjoy the happiness a new pup can bring. When you're tired & worried all the time, things always seem worse than they really are. With proper diet, exercise & rest, a clear head can help you deal with difficult situations better and things don't seem as bad.
I agree.

They do have medication for Chemical Imbalance.. I had it. I was born with Demophobia (fear of people and crowds). I still get anxiety at times..

See a doctor. It does take time to get the right medication for you and what dose is good for you, so don't give up.

I am sending you BIG HUGS, my friend :)

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Brain Fog is just another way of saying confusion or inability to think clearly.
It's not a disease. It's a symptom (of many things) including of Environmental Illness that most doctors
will not acknowledge as real. Are you exposed to any new chemicals, remodeling,
paints, new perfume or scented products? Usually, just getting away from it
and getting fresh air alleviates the problem.

Reading about symptoms on the internet can play on your mind. Try not to look for
your own answers :) Of course, see your doctor and find out what is going on.
Feel better soon. {{hugs}}

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
"Brain fog" is also a symptom of neurological disorders, so it's definitely something I would check out.

It may very well be thyroid related...How's your energy level? Any sudden weight gain or weight loss?

It could also be hormonal...

So many different things it could be - but all will take a doctor to diagnose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts