Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am pregnant and due june 20th - this is my first child & im sooo excited :hello1:! I was just wondering if anyone has any tips for when the time comes introducing marley to the baby. I am worried because marley is really my baby now that jealousy may occur & i dont want any aggression towards our new baby. Marley will be over a year old when the baby is born & isnt at all aggressive now towards humans or animals but I am concerned that she will think the new baby will be taking her spotlight and might become upset with the situation! please share if you have any advice or experience in this area!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
It's been my experience in babysitting that slowly is best and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS with supervision.

There are so many horror stories of unattended animals, I recently read about a lovable cat that smothered an infant, it's not intentional but you understand.

Anyway, congratulations :] do you know what you're having yet?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Congratulations! Just to encourage you: My best friend has chihuahuas and they are great with her three year old and new three week old.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
How exciting! I would introduce them right away! Let the curious little pup see her new brother/sister from a far, see how she acts just by that...if all is well she can get closer and closer by step. If all is well I would always supervise them as Amanda said about the cat smothering the baby :( Of course the kitty didn't mean to and was probably just laying on the baby the wrong way but definitely as a parent just want to always keep your eye on them. It may take time for Marley to come to her new sister/brother. Anyways Congrats on you new baby! How exciting hon!

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
when i had oisin i had finn my pom who was about 8, he was my baby also. we started off by putting baby powder on things , then leaving the baby stuff in view all about 2 weeks before he was born. when i was in hosp hubby brought homw a wet nappy and clothes and let him sniff. when we did come home he was used to all the new smells. if i was feeding he just used to come over for a sniff and walk away.he used to sleep under the pram after that. but he was never left unsupervised.

congratulations on your pregnancy

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the congratulations :) I was told I was probably having a girl based on my ultrasound! I appreciate all the advice & I still have awhile to go but I wanna be very prepared and make sure Marley adjusts properly! Sometimes I think Marley already knows something is happening with me she always lays her head on my belly and falls asleep its going to be funny when the baby kicks & surprises her :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts