Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to go into the hospital and have surgery the end on February. I am concerned about leaving Gadget for 3 days. My husband and daughter will be here in the evenings, but I will be gone. I am thinking about having my husband take him to work with him for those 3 days. So that he isn't home all by himself.

Is he going to think mom left him and I'm not coming back?

How can I prepare him for my absence?

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
You cant prepare him other than leave him something with your smell on--I am sure he will be ok and that he will miss you as much as he....just take care of yourself so he can have his mommie back 100% :thumbleft:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I'm not sure how you could prepare him. Maybe your hubby could take him to work like you suggested?

Let us know how it goes o.k.? :wave:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Hey first of all good luck with the surgery!!!!

I dont own a chi yet but this is just an idea why dont you say alter gadgets routine and perhaps sometimes try leaving him on his own!!!

I dont know probably just a stupid idea!

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I wish you the best for your surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Soon after I got Mikey we went to Disney World, my friend kept Mikey for a week. I thought for sure he would forget all about me. When I went to pick him up he was so excited! I don't think there is a way to prepare him for your abcsence but just be ready for 1 happy pooch when he sees you again :D

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I wish you well with your surgery and although you cant really prepare him for your absence I am sure he will be so happy to see you again and will forget all about you ever being away.... :)

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Good luck with your surgery! I hope everything goes as planned.
I'm sure he will miss you, but he will also be very happy to see you when you get home.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Good luck with your surgery! I'll keep you in my thoughts. As for Gadget---you could always just send him to me - I'll look after that little cutie! :D hee hee!

Seriously though I would put something in his bed that smells like you -a t-shirt or something - and just make sure your husband gives him lots of attention.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
All the best for your surgery :) {{{hugs}}
I will be thinking of you ( I had major surgery earlier this year )
Your little one will be fine I'm sure , will miss you yes , but will be there when you get home to help you recover :)

Sara xx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts