Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frasier threw up a thick white mucus that was very hard for him to get up. The only other dog I've ever had throw up the same type of mucus was the chi from my childhood. Is this a chi thing? Is it normal? :? As soon as it was over and I wiped his face and comforted him, he was fine. Did a zoomie, attacked a chewy toy, and ate some food.

Of course he knows what time the vet closes, and throws up then, so I can't call for reassurance. He seems perfectly fine now, but I'd feel better if I could hear what those of you with more chi experience think about this.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Sometimes my chis will get an upset tummy if they wait too long between meals. Maybe that was his problem since he went and had some food after. If he continues to seem fine, I wouldn't worry. :)

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Kemo and Bindi have thrown up bile.....when their tummys are empty. Like Auggies mom said if he is acting and pooing fine dont worry!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He seems to feel fine today. His poo this morning looked like he had been constipated. I put a couple of drops of olive oil on his breakfast and he ate it.
He's playing and running around like a maniac just like always. :)

He's going in for his check-up and final shots next week. I'll mention this to the doctor then.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Tucker has thrown up twice---and both times it was first thing in the morning. (It was not two days in a row). He was fine afterward, playing, eating, etc., so I didn't bother with a call to the vet clinic. If it had continued or if he had acted sick, I certainly would have had him checked.

It sounds like Frasier is doing fine, so I wouldn't be too worried about it. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts