Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
head shapes

A applehead is the standard for a chi, it is a very short snout and a large apple shaped dome head, whereas as a deer head is a longer snout and the head is less dome like (they call this a deer head due to it looks like a small deers face. :wave:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm lol, well i cant really tell with Paris, and i was courious because I was reading Paris Hiltons book and the section on Tink, she says being a deer head makes her soo much cuter then apple heads.. I dont know because I cant really see what Paris would be.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
hmm i always thought austin was more deerhead than applehead or maybe im wrong.

Can i ask, please dont take this rudely because it is definately not meant to be rude just a curious question, what is it that you really really like about Paris Hilton, obviously you are a massive fan but you mention her in nearly all your posts? Did you hear she dumped her chi (if this is true and not media lies) what are your thoughts on that? I like Paris Hilton too but not a major fan, just normal.

·
Registered
277 Posts
We have appleheads, very domed skull, short refined noses and the angle between the forehead and nose forms an "L" shape.

A deerhead has a more sloped skull and longer nose with much less of an angle between the forehead and the nose. Kinda like a ski hill if you would.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
That's strange because I've had two vets and about three breeders say Cooper was an apple head. But he doesn't fit the description given here. I tried to get a side shot of him but unfortunately, he loves the camera and looks directly at it whenever it comes out. :roll: Great, I have a diva on my hands.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Would anyone like to share their opinion on Sofee's head shape? Apple or Dearhead? She is 7 1/2 weeks in this picture. Sorry this is not a full profile shot, but is the best I have to offer. Do they change drastically from this stage onward, as they mature? (Sorry...that may be a dumb question, but I am obviously a newbie!)

Just curious, as I think she is beautiful, and I am madly in love with her! :love7: Thanks!

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
judging from that pic Sophie is an apple dome head. :D
Though there is no such thing as deerhead. Your chi is either the standard (apple dome) or not the standard simple as. But using 'deer' is quite common at least it isnt as bad as trying to call a chi a teacup lol
But taking notes from something Paris says on chihuahuas is something I wouldnt recommend. :wave:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, I have learned the truth about the "teacup" myth! That much I HAVE learned!!

I did think that perhaps Sofee was a "deer" (aka non-standard) just because there appears to be a fairly distict downward slope of her snout, and I also thought it was perhaps longer than some Chi's.

I wonder what the Human "standard" is, and how many of us would conform? Food for thought, huh! LOL!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts