Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter and I and the "beebs" aka Leila are headin out to petsmart.
Miss Leila is going to be sporting her new Patriotic ruffled dress :D lol. We are going to look at new goodies for my new little guy coming on tuesday!! :hello1:
Any suggestions on what to get Sir Finnegan??
Currently he is using a tiny platic pan filled with Pine pellets to potty in.(at the breeders) Leila uses potty pads *(sometimes:mad:) Should I get him the pan and pellets since he's used to that?
Also what other goodies shall I get him? I will head to joanns to get some manly fabric to make him his own snuggle sack as well. :) I'm so excited and not even worried about the hubby "freaking out" over the "suprise" hahahaha. The joy and excitements is totally smothering that out! There's NOWAY hubby will be able to stay very mad for long cause he is SO STINKIN CUTE!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I'd suggest, if you don't plan on continuing to use the pellets, that you just go with whatever you plan to be using permanently. He's going to be confused no matter what because everything will be new, but imho it's better for him that you just take advantage of the "everything new" aspect, and get him acclimated from the outset to what he's going to be using permanently.

That doesn't apply to his food, just btw. (you may already know this, sorry if so.) If you plan on feeding him something else, transition slowly, mixing in the new a bit at a time, more each time, till he's completely on the new. Less stress on his digestive tract that way = less potential for diarrhea and vomiting.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Im soooo happy for you!! I know this is something you have wanted for a very long time!! I love the name BTW :) Very cute and perfect for him! Who cares what hubby thinks...you know he's gonna love him. The men always come around :rolleyes:

I would just use the potty pads like your doing. He's young and will transition easy. Why make it harder on yourself by having something else you have to clean up?

Cant wait til Tuesday and see the little guy and Leila together!!! Oh...and we need a picture of her in her patriotic dress :)

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
Chico was trained to the pellets/pan when I got him but he made the transition to pads without a hitch....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts