Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. It's my 1st time on this site. Our 10yr old has got a very severe heart murmur. He has been on medication a couple of yrs now. These past 3months it has got a fair bit worse. He's meds have been upped and changed. His breaths pm are quite high now. On a day to day basis he can seem ok to us. But can also go down hill rapidly. Obviously we don't want him to suffer but we think it's harsh for the vets to put him to sleep. As advised this would be the next step. Has anybody got any experience with this? Dealt with this? I just don't know what to do for the best 馃ズ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had my sweet girl for 11 years I had no idea she had a heart murmur and enlarged heart till I took her to have her teeth cleaned and they heard the murmur and did a chest X-ray
I did all I could put her on meds I also took her to a holistic vet who put her on other natural things
Her heart was too far gone I guess for anything to help One night she just could barely breathe You will know when time is right to let him go 馃挃
I had my sweet girl for 11 years I had no idea she had a heart murmur and enlarged heart till I took her to have her teeth cleaned and they heard the murmur and did a chest X-ray
I did all I could put her on meds I also took her to a holistic vet who put her on other natural things
Her heart was too far gone I guess for anything to help One night she just could barely breathe You will know when time is right to let him go 馃挃
Did U let her go to sleep at home with you? I wish my little man would go to sleep with me because then I would think that he wanted to go if that makes sense and not that I made him go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts