Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone :wave:

I took Keeley to the vets today for her first vaccination and when they examined her, they told me that she had a very slight heart murmur.

She said that it was pretty common in puppies and she would most likely outgrow it, but it could possibly remain until she's about 6 months. She said I should not worry, but to be honest, I can't stop thinking about it ... I am so very worried!!! :cry:

Has anyone else had this problem with their puppy?

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I havent but have you had a look online for any info I know there are a few good dog health websites out there maybe some one will know, Im sure your baby will be fine :)

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Poor lil puppers.....I know it's hard but just know that it is good that you are aware so you can keep an eye out for any problems, which I am hopeful there won't be......your vet I am sure you trust so they would know best. But just like Ozzy's Mom said you can do your own research... :)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Whenever something bothers me, I research it to death so that I could could understand the problem better and possibly offer solutions and be able to interact with my vet more and understand exactly what he's saying.

First, did the vet say what degree the heart mumur was? Here is a very informative site:
http://www.backcsc.com/heart.html

"Some cardiac murmurs, especially in puppies, are innocent, meaning they eventually disappear. This type of murmur, also common in children, is usually no cause for alarm. It's often not possible to determine whether a murmur is innocent until the dog reaches two or three years of age."

Definately be sure to keep an eye on it. Be sure at every vet appt. the vet checks the mumur to see if it's changed.

I personally have a heart mumur. When I was a teenager, I was told I'd outgrow it. Well, I didn't. It's not a major heart mumur (i.e. no surgical intervention is needed), but if I'm doing something exhausting, sometimes I'll get alittle pain in my chest and that's my body telling me to take a rest for awhile.

Keep us posted. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the info.

Was really really helpful.

I'm hoping that she won't have the heart murmur when next I take her to the vets, but I'll keep you all posted!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts