Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave Carl his last Heartgard on January 1st, and I ordered more from the vet.
Then I went back to school, so my mom went and picked it up. She didn't know that I had already given him one, so she gave him another.
So he had one on January 1st and one on January 15th.

Does anyone know if that's bad that he got an extra one?
Should I skip giving him one next month?

If no one knows, I'll give the vet a call. I was just wondering if anyone had experienced this before.

Thanks!
-Katie

·
Registered
919 Posts
I sure don't know. A call to the vet would be a good idea I think. At least change his dose date to the 15th now, but that's a vet question, too.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I would think he'd be fine, but you may want to check with the vet just to be safe. I know my vet didn't seem to think it was a big deal when I missed a dose (I'm such a bad mommy! LOL), but I'm not sure about doubling the dose. At least you know your mom takes very good care of your baby while you're gone! :) I'm afraid my mom would forget all about the heartworm unless I called her every month!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a misunderstanding because she thought since I ordered more Heartgard, he hadn't gotten the dose for January.
Then she picked it up and I said "Don't get him one! I already gave him one this month" and she went "Um...I just did..."

Sigh. I'll call the vet tomorrow and let you know what they say!! :)

and Rachel: yes, my mom takes great care of my little baby :) He even sleeps in her bed at night!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts