Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to pick up a package of it for my babies, I know its supposed to be given 1X a month. but i have also seen somewhere that you can give it every 6 weeks? Just wondering what everyone else does?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
A lo of people just give Heartgard every 45 days; since that is the 'safety window' of how long you can go in between doses. But you just have to be very diligent giving it on time when coming that close.
I don't use it though; I use TriHeart which is a large tablet that I can crush to pulverize (and basically mix up the drugs evenly) and use a gram scale to weigh out the right doses for my dogs. Yes it's tedious but worth it.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much, I will wait until next week to pick it up then. As I look outside it is only 36 here in Minnesota and raining and windy. No chance for mosquitoes for a while.

On second thought I think I will order some online what is the best website with the lowest shipping?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Give it every 45 days once temperatures are consistently above 59 degrees both day and night.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm guessing one can give "any" heartworm med.
every 45 days, correct?
Blessings.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts