Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That would be my worst nightmare come true, a fire and Rocky runs away. Poor owner must of been terrified during the time his pup was missing. Luckily he was found alive!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Oh god, my worst nightmare, being separated from my dogs in a disaster. Every tornado season I have a low-grade constantly running fear that I'm not going to have time to get to my dogs before a tornado hits....not that one ever has, not near my house, but still! There have been a few times that I've had to grab the dogs and run downstairs to the "safe" room and all I can think of is what if I couldn't find them? What if I had no warning to gather them up?

Glad that little doggie's OK.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing that story, Yoshismom. It sounds like Rolando and Paco are a couple of survivors! Tink, I worry about the same thing - and I worry about getting Kali down the stairs to the basement with her spondylosis. At 40 lbs, she's a hairy, uncooperative sack of potatoes! We had a downblast that took out the neighbor's big pines this week; luckily none fell on the house but my chain link fence was trashed.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have an emergency plan here. We have the wire crates all set up in the basement for the large dogs as well as Yuka and Gaara. When there is a threat of bad weather I keep the Chi's in a plastic crate beside the bed so if anything happens I do not have to round them up and I can just run them down there. If there is a warning then I keep them down there as well. I think a crate is important for them and an easy way to grab them if fire or anything as they cant run in fright and I can just sweep them up and hopefully to safety.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts