Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i want to start making my own healthy treats to give the girls as my vet said that every time i give them a packet treat its like us eating a mars bar!! so since last week i havent been giving the girls any treats!
Does any body have any low fat/heathy recipes i could cook/make the girls from scratch that will be better for them than the packet stuff u buy?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah thank you very much! :) i shall have a look!!
I was just seeing if any 1 could share some favourites with me! :) x

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I'm sorry I can't give you any favorites of mine. I don't give my chi treats because I've been struggling with severe allergies with her; food and environment, so she's on a strict diet til I get her straightened out. I might give her a little carrot or a piece of brocoli or cauliflower every now & then. Maybe others will have favorites they feed their chis & offer it up to you.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't have a recipe, but I stopped giving Radley treat last week as they don't overly agree with him. I now just chop up a cooked piece of chicken and spread it over a couple of little boxes, freeze one and put the other in the fridge.

I just give him a few little pieces when training or as a treat and he loves it, I only have to touch the tubs now and he runs in and does just about everything I ask of him.

AND no upset tummy!! :)

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
My kids love baby carrots, green beans, bits of peeled and cored apples and melon in season. I've opted for that because I've got two that have weight issues. :)

The recipe I used to use has garlic powder in it and I guess that is very controversial now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts