Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
leila is shedding alot. :( I'm not sure if its just finally getting to me or if it's gotten worse since she started her diet. I think it may have gotten worse though, since her diet.
It's driving me nuts, and it keeps finding it's way into our plates of food. :pukeright: I am giving her a wild salmon oil capsule 1x day in with her food. What else can i do? Or is this just going to happen as long as she is dieting?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Bath her and give her a really good scrub that should help get the loose hair out! Normally I would say it's her diet but you don't feed poor quality kibble so who knows!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Furminators are really good - downside is that smooth coats shed A LOT! More than long coats (they seem to do it a twice a year for a week and then its done) - smooth ALL THE TIME!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Paco has been shedding quite a bit the last couple weeks but I'm hoping it's a seasonal thing. It's been so many years since I've had a breed that sheds but I thought my other one way back then shed in the spring and in the fall. Isn't it normal for them to shed twice a year?

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Paco has been shedding quite a bit the last couple weeks but I'm hoping it's a seasonal thing. It's been so many years since I've had a breed that sheds but I thought my other one way back then shed in the spring and in the fall. Isn't it normal for them to shed twice a year?
Yes. My Pip sheds twice a year, once in the Spring and once when the colder weather comes and he gets his heavier coat in.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Laurel shed a LOT when we first started her too, it's kind of like detox I think, they are used to having much more food. I would do what someone else suggested and bath the dickens outta her with a really really good scrub (do it in the bathtub so its not in your sink)...that will cut it back for at least a week or 2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts