Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Well Tequila is all of 3 months now and I was making really really excellent progress with her and the potty training ...

I've been using the puppy pads and she's been taking to them really well with minimal mistakes. Recently though (past 2 days) she's been going anywhere BUT the pad. I thought maybe I wasn't changing it enough, but she still won't go on it ... she's only been on it once today. Woke up this morning to find 6 pressies on the kitchen floor (2 of each) :(

Also, I've finally found a dry food that she likes (James Wellbeloved, an organic one from the UK). Thing is she won't eat it from her dish, only from my hand, I've tried just leaving it there and she won't eat it ... I don't want to starve her :? When I try to mix it in with the wet (Pedigree Pouches) she just weeds out what she wants.

Any advise on this????

Thanks!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.

Both the dry and wet are for puppies specifically. I would never give her adult dog food, at least not yet.
Pedigree makes the pouches for puppies, adult and senior dogs. You get a wider range from Pets at Home, than say, Tescos.
She doesn't seem to like the tinned ones anymore ... I think she prefers something a bit chunkier.

She seems to be improving on the puppy pads, but the real test will be when I wake up tomorrow. :shock:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi everyone

Thanks for all the help!!!
Well, when I woke up this morning, she did wee once off of the pad, but it was very close, so it's possible she may have missed.

NoahFL - Her wee seems fine. She only wee'ed 3 times and she had 3 poo's. That worried me more :?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.