Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Chi owners! I am so excited that I discovered this site!

I am 22 years old and brought home my Chihuahua, Toby, home about a month ago. I was raised with two Chihuahuas, but this is the first one that is all mine and he is a great boy. He is 19 weeks old and 3.6 pounds as of today at the vet.

Thanks for this site, I found it and now I've spent the whole day browsing!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Welcome to the forum! This place is super addicting not to mention a lot of fun. I love this place!

·
Registered
688 Posts
welcome to the forum and congrats on owning your very own first chi!! :)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all! I am happy to be here. I do have a question: Do any of you know if Toby will be okay as an only dog. I am staying with my parents until August and he has two dogs to play with here. Starting in August, we will be living alone and I will be a full time law student, gone for 4-5 hours at a time for class. Should I get him a companion? I've seen a lot on this site about how having more than one is better and my family has always had two.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have only one chi mix but I can take my
dog to work with me so she hardly is ever alone.
Albeit saying that, if I could afford it I probably
would get another one. They are so addicting! I
think it would be nice if your little one had
a doggy companion but that's just an opinion.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Hi & welcome to the fountain of Chi knowledge :)

I like the idea of 2, but as a student, will that restrict you insofar as getting accommodation anywhere?

If that doesn't present a problem, then I'd definitely fo for 2 if you can. I've had dogs all my life and have never had less than 2 at a time - half the fun of owning them is watching them interact with each other and I don't believe a word of the dogs bond with each other instead of the owner - their capacity to love is unconditional and boundless.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, I think he's pretty cute. He actually isn't too tiny- he is 3.6 lbs at 21 weeks. Here are some new pictures of Toby!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts