Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I haven't been on lately. We are still alive and well. lol
I have been really busy painting inthe house and have been on another forum lately (not chihuahua) lol.
I am going to switch the chi's food from taste of the wild to something else, due to the recent recall.
I want to stick with grain free. Thoughts or ideas for me? :D

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh you little stinky bum you! How could you trade us for another forum? :(
I was so sad without you my love! Glad you are back. How does the new
paint look? You like it? As for food, I recommend Acana, they have a couple
grain-free varieties. Pacifica is fabulous. :) Made right here in Canada with
local ingredients, super duper fresh.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I didn't see this thread before I saw the thread about your daughter. I said on that one how much I missed you, Leila, and little Finn!!! Now to food. If you have to have something right away that might be fairly easy to get your hands on I would suggest a grain-free Merrick. If you can get Acana I would go with that one definitely, but if not go with Merrick. I researched dog food like I was gonna get my doctorate in it or something for 2 months and every time I found one I thought I could be happy with something would be wrong with the company that made it. I now feed Ziwipeak, but I have to order it. If you order from wag.com and order $49. it is free two day shipping and I think you get 15% off your 1st order. It is more expensive than the others, but I have noticed that Lulu absolutely does not shed anymore and her coat is smooth as silk. I truly thought chihuahuas were just shedding dogs because she has shed her whole like until this food, but she has completely stopped!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
aw thanks tina :)
I will check where i can get these. All we have is petsmart :(
You're welcome! :) Go to the Acana website and click on the store locator. I did that and found a hole-in-the-wall holistic pet food store in my town that carried Acana. I was pleasantly surprised. Give that a try.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
....I will check where i can get these. All we have is petsmart :(
PetsMart sells Innova Prime. It is a Grain Free 5 Star Food, rated Feb 2012:
Innova Prime Grain Free Dog Food | Review and Rating

Also, most importantly for us and I forgot to mention, Jerry's tear stains are gone! :D
I hope you find a food you are very happy with. It was so
frustrating for me when Royal Canin added Corn to their food and we were forced to change...

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Cheryl, I was just thinking about you!!! I"m glad you are back. :) We need more Leila and Finn pics! And Winston too. :)

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THanks guys!! I am checking out locations of the suggestions. :)
Hope the food switch doesn't make yucky poos. :( Finn is a little sensitive, leila isn't. Sometimes he poos in inappropriate places. :rolleyes: Little fart!
I will try to get some new pics up. Beautiful outside today :D

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
aw thanks tina :)
I will check where i can get these. All we have is petsmart :(
Karen I love your siggy. I giggled outloud when i saw it, especially Eden's pic. She is the cutest little thing. THey are all soo adorable.
Thanks for the suggestions... :D
I am in the same boat with only having Petsmart in our town. I want to check around and see if some of the feed stores to see if any carry Acana or Orijjen but Jaxx has been doing well on his current food.
Petsmart recently added a lot of Grain Free foods to their inventory. Jaxx currently gets Innova Prime. I had him on Wellness Core but he was shedding really bad with that. Since we switched him to Innova Prime the shedding has stopped. I also noted that his stools went from large to very small when he was switched to Innova Prime.
Good luck finding a food!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.