Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :)
My name is Jacob ...I have adored Chihuahuas ever since I was 6 years old and wanted my first dog (my parents were never animal people and we never had dogs before). When I was 11 years old I began researching and researching like crazy on Chihuahuas and would go to the library as much as I could and rent books out on them. Finally at 13 years old my parents decided I could have my first dog....but, I couldn't have a Chihuahua! I was devastated and begged...My mom made my twin brother and I decide on a Papillon because her co-workers had claimed they look so much like the long haired chihuahuas but are actually good with children and aren't bitey/barky. When we brought Pepe our Papillon home, I fell in love with him of course because he did look a bit like a long haired chihuahua, but I knew in the back of my mind that one day I will have one! My neighbors ended up getting a chihuahua not to long after I got my Papillon and what do you know! My parents fell in love with it! lol. But they said I could only have one dog, and by that time I was commited to Pepe and today I still have him and he is now 5 years old (Dec 5th is his birthday).

But my story doesn't end there......I am almost 18 now, and my parents have finally decided to let me purchase (from saving up my own money) 2 Chihuahuas!!!! (as long as they were long hairs lol). I am so excited and just placed a deposit on 2 so I thought it would be appropriate to join this forum now.

I am getting two unrelated Champion Sired Pups and am planning on showing them at the Chihuahua shows held in Michigan. The female I am getting a Black/Tan/White Apple head, and has great conformation and is charting to be 3 1/2 - 4 pounds full grown (her Ch. sire was 3 pounds, and her mother was just an ounce under 4 pounds).
The male I am getting is a Mostly Chocolate/Tan/White and his Ch. Sire was 3 pounds, while his mother was 3.7 pounds).

I am planning on showing both dogs when they reach the proper age..

I am very excited as well!!!!

Nice meeting all of you!

=D

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Hi and welcome to the board! :) Looking forward to pics :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
hello jacob! welcome to chi ppl and we cant wait to see them.

btw this is wierd but jacob is my bf's middle name, lol

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hello, welcome to the group, and congratulations to you Jacob!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone! I will be posting pictures as soon as I get them! I forgot to mention that my breeder is "predicting" (but said there is never a way to guarentee size) that my male will weigh around 2 1/2 pounds...he is charting only 2 pounds full grown now, but she thnks he will be more around 2 1/2.
(she said that 2 pound dogs are very tiny and are usually unhealthy or sometimes starved to be that weight) I would rather him be healty! =D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts