Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my name is Angeline and I have a nearly 15 year old chihuahua called Damian.
I'm.hoping to get some advice on how to deal with an older chihuahua and maybe gets some tips on how to improve the life he has left

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
He’s adorable! I have had several older chihuahuas, ask away! I put a ramp and stairs so they can get on my bed, some like the ramp better, some only use the stairs. if their teeth are bad, I give canned dog food as a supplement if they start losing weight. Lots of blankets to snuggle in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He’s adorable! I have had several older chihuahuas, ask away! I put a ramp and stairs so they can get on my bed, some like the ramp better, some only use the stairs. if their teeth are bad, I give canned dog food as a supplement if they start losing weight. Lots of blankets to snuggle in.
Thank you so much. I've tried using stairs for him to get on and off the TV but he's too scared, we've tried everything to try and get him to use them but he completely refuses and I don't want to stress him out. I'll have to get a ramp for him and see if he'll use that.
I think he might have a touch of doggy dementia because he seems to be confused at times and is always begging to be fed as if he's forgotten that he's already been fed. He's definitely overweight at the moment which worries me because his joints aren't great and he's got a poorly heart (he's on cardisure everyday now)
His teeth are bad but that doesn't stop him eating wherever he can get to.
Can you recommend a decent senior dog food? And also maybe a joint supplement to help his poor legs? Tia 😊

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, my name is Angeline and I have a nearly 15 year old chihuahua called Damian.
I'm.hoping to get some advice on how to deal with an older chihuahua and maybe gets some tips on how to improve the life he has left View attachment 56426
It is so beautiful!!! I present to you my dog. His name is Paco.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
My senior dogs eat the same as my other dogs. I get food with no wheat, corn or soy, they are bad for dogs and I’ve had some dogs react violently to food with these ingredients in it. Any joint supplement you can get them to eat is great! This is what I’m using right now, my pit bull loves the chews.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts