Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I'm Sandy, retired and live alone with Louie my Chihuahua on the south coast of Dorset. And I do mean coast, because I virtually walk outside my door and onto the beach and cliffs.

After losing my last companion, Bayley, at the age of 14, and after 2 years of missing him so much I really wanted another pup.

I'd never owned a Chi before. My previous dogs have always been Yorkshire Terriers, but now I am getting older, I felt that I really couldn't handle anymore all the care needed to keep their beautiful coats clean, combed and clipped etc. So after lots of thinking, looking up the temperaments and requirements of other breeds, and at the suggestion of my youngest Granddaughter I decided on a short haired Chi puppy. Louie has now just turned 3 years old.

I found your site by accident as I was looking around the web for an answer to a question I have, which I will ask in a bit in the correct forum on here in the hopes that someone has the answer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm finding it impossible to post enough posts to become a full member because it seems that as a newbie I am only able to post in this welcome forum.

I've tried asking a question in the relevant forum and I've also tried to post a couple of photos of my Louie in the photo forum, but am not able to do either. So how do I become a full member? If I can't post anywhere else except make an introduction post then I don't know how become an active community member.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the forum
You can actually just add your question to this thread (not sure if that's the proper word) and you should definitely get some answers.
To become a full member as in post anywhere you'd like theirs a requirement of post/comments you need to make (I believe) but it gets reviewed so it may take a while before we see it as they most likely do that for spammers.
Can't wait to get to know you and your Chi :)

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Just keep posting as you have been. I believe that you need 5 posts before you can be a 'member'? We have some people who 'review' your posts to make sure that you are not a 'spammer'. Meantime, just go ahead and ask your questions. Please stick with it, as we all are nice people who love chihuahuas. Don't worry too much about being in the 'correct' areas to post a question.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trouble is, that if one is only allowed to make 5 posts in this one single forum then that would actually be spamming, in as much as posting anything simply to build up enough posts to join in properly.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand the spamming situation. I have run general message boards for many, many years. But to have so much security in place instead of either or, is just so frustrating. To have to wait for a post to be checked, then have to wait for someone to reply, then reply to that oneself and then have to wait for that to be checked, and so on and on until the 5 posts have been made, and then wait yet again to be granted full access is just too much hassle and time wasting.

I'm really sorry. This looks like such a nice board and I was thrilled to find it, but to be honest I really don't want to spend 2 or 3 days, making waste of time posts simply to be accepted as a member and be part of a community. So far I have already spent 2 days hopping back and forth the board.

Thanks anyway for the welcome so far but I wont be back. I really think that trying to join this board is just far too much trouble and not welcoming at all. ((hugs)

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Hey, whats 2 days in your life?? You already are posting, or least your posts are showing up. We are a wonderful group of people.! I have been here for 5+ years. Please don't leave. Just keep on posting as you have been.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts