Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie here - I have an adorable 6 year old Chihuahua boy and a 1 year old Griffon Bruxellois girl. They go under the name ''The Terrible Two's''.

My chihuahua boy, Buddy, is the most wonderful dog. A typical chihuahua - alert, sassy, loud, affectionate, sensitive, loving...and snappy!
I cannot imagine my life without him - although I've only had him for 2 years (he was moved around lots while growing up - was mistreated in his 2nd home & have some issues/fears from back then) he is an amazing dog - everyone that meets him always tells me to ''let them know if I ever want to get rid of him''. As if! I've also met many people that say they never really liked Chihuahuas - until they met Buddy. I'm very proud of him.
He lives with his sister (the Griffon - who's a real terror!) and 2 cats and he is amazing with the cats. That was my biggest worry when I adopted him, that he would chase them, but he didn't - he leaves them alone.

Hmmm I think that is all! I've already made my first post in the Nutrition section. Hope to get to know you all!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!
Buddy is gorgeous! Love him. Could you show us some pictures of your girl too??? :) Would love to see her!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys - and thank you!

Sure thing Rocky - here is a picture of both of them from a local fun Dog Show!
Buddy came 2nd in ''Most Handsome Dog'' and Bonnie came 4th in ''Best Bitch Small Breed''. There were 100s of dogs competing so I was very proud :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi I'm also in the UK.

I also have a chi, although he's x jrt, with issues that we are working hard with.
My little boy had lived with my daughter before but still has issues she found she couldnt' cope with so he came to us!

Wherabouts in the UK you?

Buddy looks gorgeous I can't for one minute imagine him being 'snappy' he looks so cute!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in Suffolk/Norfolk.

Buddy is only snappy around strange dogs & clumsy children. He was badly attacked by a greyhound last year and since then he'll start snapping/snarling as soon as he sees a new dog. Once he knows the dog he's fine and friendly. It's just that initial sight of a strange dog. He is also good with children he is familiar with but not strange kids (especially not when they are running up to him, throwing themselves over him).

Other than that, he is the most loveable dog. Perfect, if you ask me. And obsessed with chasing squirrels :)

Where do you live?

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Welcome!!! :)
Nice to have you here, I love how kindly you speak of your furkids, shows that they mean a great deal to you. They are both beautiful!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hello from UK :D
Your poochies are adorable and great job winning all those ribbons!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts