Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i never thought i would own a chi but i have adopted one who was in a bad situation. the original plan was just to foster her but she quickly won our hearts. she now has her forever home with us.

meet Lilah, she is 5 or 6 lbs and around 3 1/2 years old. she has a couple small health issues at this time but that is to be expected when a dog comes from a bad situation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
she is far from an only dog here. our other dogs are as follows.

Kay-ak is a 13 month old border collie. she is a chocolate and white split face with one pale skyblue eye and one green eye. she enjoys to play with balls, frisbees, swim, hike, kayak, car rides, and play with the other dogs. sleep is overrated and she will commonly wake me at 3am to play ball or just to give me kisses. she has been with us since she was 9 weeks old.

Ziggy was a litter mate of Kay's. she is also chocolate and white yet with more traditional markings. both Ziggy's eyes are green. she enjoys kisses and herding her sister around and away from us. though this always ends with Kay putting Ziggy in her place it is a normal everyday thing. Ziggy also has an extreme water drive. she wasn't cutting it on the farm so we adopted her. she has been with us since she was 9 months old.

Alex will be turning 2 years old shortly after the new year. he is a hairy hairless chinese crested. he is timid around new people which goes back to a bad upbringing. he was stuck in with a hoarder the first half of his life. he was saved from that situation by a rescue which is who i adopted him from. he loves playing dress up and getting the border collies to chase him. he also loves car rides and long walks. lets not forget cuddling when he is not sleeping. sleep take up about 18 hours each day for him, but when he is awake he is full of spunk. he has been with us about 5 months now. here is a picture of him just 2 weeks after we got him at a dog show at the fair with my son. they took first place in the under 20lb category.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kay-ak loves meeting new friends so she was in Lilah's face from day one waning Lilah to play. Ziggy has been pretty much ignoring her. and Alex is a tad jealous so we have been giving him a little extra attention to make him feel better. Lilah has been trying to get Alex to play with her for a couple days now and today he finally played a little with her.

all and all they have been very welcoming to her. the have also been very delicate with her. it is neat to see how gentle they can be because i am use to seeing them act like a stampede of buffaloes.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Welcome..and yes, they do kinda worm there way in..don't they?...LOL

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well we just got back from the vet. took alex in and had him microchipped which went well. also took lilah in with us for a wellness checkup. also picked up the meds to take care of her tapeworm. she weighed in at 6.4lbs but i think she may pack on a pound or two once the tapeworm is gone.

well the transition off the corn based food to a high protein grain free food has went extremely well. it may take her a little while to adjust to eating less than she had to with the cheap food but i don't expect to see any problems.

lilah is still flee free and the sores she had from digging at the flees are healing up nicely. she is also getting more and more use to the other dogs and even the one to start playing with them now. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts