Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.. my name is Lindsey and I have 2 babies..one Big & one Small (hence the user name.. lol) Jack is Big.. he's my 10 month old coonhound (a humane society rescue) and then Prince, my 6 month old chi that I just fell in love with last night.... I've never had a chi before but I have wanted one for a while.. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone here because I've been lurking for a few days!

Hope to chat with you all soon! I know you all love pictures.. once I figure out "how-to" and get some pictures of Prince uploaded, I'll be happy to show you all!!

*lins, jack & prince

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Hello and welcome! :wave: I love your username, too cute! We all love to see pics, hint, hint! :wink:

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Hello and Welcome :hello2:

Glad you found us!

Yes we need to see pics ASAP! LOL

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aww, thank you all so much for the very nice hellos!

The story with Prince is quite cute actually.. I've been looking for several weeks to find a breeder in my area.. and this past weekend i went to 3 or 4 different "breeders" (if you would call a couple of them that) and just DIDN'T the right feel, ya know? well then last night I went to a very nice lady's home to look at some puppies. I didn't have some exact puppy in my head that I wanted.. I mean, to me it didn't matter male or female.. but I was pretty sure that I wanted a smooth coat. I didn't want a super small or unhealthy baby.. but not some huge chi either. So, I'm looking at these tiny little things and this other shaggy haired (not a smooth coat but not a long hair either) chi that's just running around the house catches my eye.. come to find out, he's 6 months old and he was just the largest puppy in his litter. She said most people that come to her buy what is typically called a "teacup" (to the outside world), but you guys know that size..like a 3 lb baby. He was going to be about 6 or so and people were generally looking for something smaller. She said that they had just ended up putting him out in the kennel and "given up on him"! I thought she was very nice and loving until she said that! I couldn't imagine buying another puppy that would probably get a home very quickly while he was spending his days out in the kennel. He is so cute and so friendly.. I'm sure you all know where this story is going...and who I ended up bringing home! :)

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
That is a fantastic story! So many people are looking for 'puppies' when older puppies are just as good, if not better! I got Buster, my white chi, when he was 8 months old and he has fit in so nicely with our family. He is almost 6 pounds and is still a very small dog. I am sure you are just thrilled with your decision to take him! Since I got Buster at such an 'old' age I got him for really cheap! So in the end I think I was the one who won!!! :wink:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
You are awesome!!! That is the most sweetest story!! We are glad you found us and this is the nicest group of people around!! I cannot wait to see pictures of this sweet sweet soul. You know I believe thing happen for a reason, and that pup was meant for you!!!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
That is such a heart warming story, its great that you took an older Chi...I am sure you will love him to bits...welcome :wave:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Imkari, i know what you mean about getting the babies at a cheaper price.. Princeton was a whopping 100 dollars. haha!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Welcome to this wonderful board.. I am a newbie too, I've learned awhole lot since I have been on here and I have met some really nice people. :wave:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Hello & Welcome. How sweet that you fell in love with the older puppy no one wanted. I 'm sure it was meant to be. Congradulations. I am from Missouri originally too :wave:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hi Big&Small! I am from Missouri too! We are in the suberbs of St.Louis. And Auggie's mom, where are you from?? You followed my dream! To move to a tropical island after my kids are grown!!!
How about our silly weather? It was 65 last Friday and down to 8 over the weekend!! We have had snow on the ground for a week and I have to say, my little Lola LOVES it!! She runs in it and I can tell she is smiling!!! :D
Anyway, welcome Big&Small!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts