Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5 yr old Chihuahua and he is in dire straits!! Thats why I have joined this forum to see if I can find any info anywhere that might help him otherwise I think he may die and so does the vet :( He has been "ill" for days and now there is a possible diagnosis of Neosporosis.. the test was not negative or positive but he has a few of the symtoms and is the only thing that has shown in tests, he will not/has not eaten or drank voluntary since early last week, been on a drip every day since monday, had oxygen treatment etc and now a antibiotic which is supposed to help with the neo but he now seems to have slipped backwards this arvo... don't know what to do :(

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
HI - I'm glad you found us but terribly sorry about your little guy. I had never heard of neosporosis. What a frightening and horrible disease!

http://www.walthamusa.com/articles/wf81bar.pdf

Merck Veterinary Manual

I can't help with advice as haven't dealt with anything like this, but wanted to say that I am sure sorry to hear this. The only thing I can think of to help is to point you towards google scholar and have you search out abstracts from medical journals to search for the best treatment options (which I'm sure your vet has done).

I hope your boy recovers. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bless your heart and your sweet boys heart too! I don't have any advice (I, too, have never heard of neosporosis) but I can say that I hope your baby gets better! HUGS!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts