Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I'm Amanda from Northeast North Carolina. My husband and I are picking up our very first AKC short haired chihuahua on April 14. We've always loved the breed (my husband has wanted a chi for a long time) and can't wait to get the little guy home. We are also interested in showing him and I came across this forum while looking for show information. I look forward to getting all the advice I can and sharing my wonderful experiences with everyone here. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hellohello!

That sounds wonderful! I bet you are excited!
What color is he? Do you already have a name for him?
We have a little male chi too and are planning on moving to VA soon. Maybe we can meet up sometime :)
Have fun!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh my! :p If I were you I would not be able to sleep until April! lol
How exciting. Congrats! Welcome to the forum. You'll like this
place, the people are great and there is plenty of helpful info.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello to all! And thank you for the warm welcome. =)

mandcphotography - we are very excited. He looks to be black sabled fawn and white, but his mother is a black sabled fawn I believe and his father is black/white/tan tri-color. So we're excited to see what color he turns out when he's grown. We've named him Xombie lol. And yes, if you do get out to VA please let me know, I'm not far from the VA/NC line. =)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Hopefully the pictures work. If so, these are Xombies 2 and 4 weeks pictures. He's starting to look like a puppy finally lol

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh Amanda, he is a gorgeous baby! :p What a color combo!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you very much! We're so excited to have this little guy. Only 3 more weeks until he's home with us!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Here are photos of Xombie's mom Margarita and Dad Thumper. (We do not own these 2, all credit goes to the breeder)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
It is funny to hear of a man wanting a Chi, that is a man who has no self-esteem issues like so many other 'men' out there good on him

your going to show your furbaby? I'm excited to see him, also there are some members on here who show They can give you some resources. ps welcome :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you! Yes we are hoping to try showing him in the future. We're getting him from a very nice kennel who are AKC inspected. We actually found them via the AKC website. I'm definitely looking forward to getting all the show advice I can. :)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Do you have any other pets Amanda?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts