Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody my name is Cindi and I live in NY. My boyfriend and I recently rescued a 4yr(?) old male chi. Heres a little background on him....Im friends with this womans daughter and she was telling me how her mom has 2 boys that she had to get rid of. So we decided to just go look at them and as soon as I saw Corky I fell in love. Hes the sweetest dog ever :) Come to find out though when I asked this woman why she HAD to get rid of him she replies with "Well I breed them for (what she said) tax money and corky and his son are no longer useful to me because they are too big because Im now breeding teacups" by the time she was done I was absolutely livid because I know all about BYBs.....granted she took good care of all her dogs I think she was just ignorant then she proceeded to add that hes been locked in the garage the last 2 years of his life:foxes15: I had to take him :( I felt terrible. He has his quirks as with all dogs but hes such a good boy! Ive never owned a small dog before and I was already aware of their "potty" issues lol I jinxed myself by saying he was housetrained when today he went and pooed on the couch.....ah well lol

Do you guys think it would be a good idea we buy some wee wee pads?

He also seems to be on the bigger end of the chi scale lol

Like I said Ive never owned a small breed before so I cannot wait to crack into this forum and find all the info I can :)

Oh yeah and as of right now he is not neutered but it will be getting done once he is settled into his new home :)

sooo with all that said everybody meet "Corky" <3

One of his favorite things to do is to crawl lol He did it all the way down the hill! You can see his trail

Does he look overweight to you guys?

My fav pic....himtrying to get a piece of kibble out of his water bowl

He LOVES his crate lol

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum , awww he is a cutie :) , im sure he will be so much happier with you :) .
his colour on his face does make him look older than 4yrs but his teeth in one of the pics look quite good , when he gets desexed im sure the vet will be able to give you a rough age :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
corky is very cute!!! hello from ny as well. welcome to the forum :D will be awaiting more pics of ur silly baby

p.s: did he get to the kibble?

·
Registered
852 Posts
his colour on his face does make him look older than 4yrs but his teeth in one of the pics look quite good , when he gets desexed im sure the vet will be able to give you a rough age :)
I agree! He does look older.

Either way he is gorgeous and already looks so happy and comfortable with you.

There are not enough words for people like that woman :(
Her ignorance clearly has no boundaries- theres no such thing as a 'teacup' :rolleyes:
I feel for her other dogs, especially since she's openly admitted to leaving them in a garage for 2 years! And on top using them for money! :(
Is there anyway you can report her?

Welcome anyway, glad you are seeking out info :)

Have you taken him to the vet yet? If you havent, I would just go in for a once over, even if you arent planning on getting him neutered for a few weeks.
As for toilet training, if he is going inside the house, I'd go back to basics and take him out every 1-2 hours when possible and give him lots of praise (and a small treat) when he goes outside.

From the top view pic he doesn't look very overweight to me, perhaps he could stand to lose a little though but you may find that will drop off with all the exercise he'll be getting now. Also, make sure to ask the vet about exercising him. You may have to go easy if he hasnt been properly exercised for two years!

This is a good guide:

Can't wait to see more pics of the handsome guy ;)

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Hi and welcome.
Corky is gorgeous! and seems a right character too. lol
Am so glad you have him now instead of that idiot!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Welcome

Oh he is cute he looks older than 4 but I dunno your vet can probably get a better age on him by his teeth.

That woman is scum there are a lot of them about though. He does look big have you had him weighed yet???

Like Lucy said I'd go back to basics and start taking him out. If he's not neutered he may mark your house so I would get a belly band just in case and book him in for a couple of weeks time! He'll need a thorough check up!!

Bless him he's so sweet

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Welcome. Corky is very cute and looks really happy in his new home. Bless you for taking him in. I agree he does look a little older than four years old.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She said shes giving me his papers so Ill see what his bday says.....and yes he got the kibble :p he is such a character lol I havent gotten him to the vet yet but he has an appt next week

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Hi Cindi and welcome! I'm so glad to see you joined and Corky looks absolutely adorable! This is a great place with tons of helpful people and info, I think you'll love it! Btw, don't be shy about your husky either, I know we've got some folks on here that appreciate husky pics too. ;) :D

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hi Cindi and welcome! I'm so glad to see you joined and Corky looks absolutely adorable! This is a great place with tons of helpful people and info, I think you'll love it! Btw, don't be shy about your husky either, I know we've got some folks on here that appreciate husky pics too. ;) :D
LOVE Husky pics *hint hint* :D

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
He's very cute and appears to have a lot of personality for a dog that probably hasn't had a whole lot of interaction. He looks happy with you. Good for you for rescuing him from stupidity and ignorance! :)
Oh, forget to say "Welcome!"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you guys :) Hes a good boy! Such and outgoing sweet boy. Really the only problem we are having with him is he marks in the house...not often but he does do it lol and growling at the kids but thats more of teaching the kids to not be so overbearing as he is perfectly fine when they are calm around him.....

Here are some pictures of the other "baby" lol hes a husky, his name is gus and he will be 2 in a few weeks!

Oh the torture

Our other husky whom is the devil, her name is holley and the reason corky lives with my boyfriend....shes an animal killer :/ she will be8 this november

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And this is Remus my brothers chi, he goes hiking with us all the time :) him and gus are bffs

Sorry for all the pictures Im known to get a little crazy with them :p As you can tell Gus is the biggest mush of a dog!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts