Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi....my name is Armando, I am 26 years old and I live in Quebec.I am new to this website. I've been reading the posts and I find them of great help...I have two female chihuahuas (5 months old). The first one (Sally Lolita) I got her from a pet store in Central America (El Salvador), and she is a deer head chi, the second one (Chiquitita) I got her from a breeder in Quebec, and she is an apple head one. They both are beutiful and very loving. When I got Sally Lolita, I really didn't know a lot about chis. I got her because my mom said she would like to have a chi to keep her company, since she leaves alone down there...I know, I was acting out of ignorance...after spending a couple of weeks with her, I was trully in love with the breed. I started doing a lot of research (which I should have done before getting Sally Lolita from a pet store, i know) and I decided I wanted to have a chi of my own. So i started looking for breeders here in Quebec and I found one who I thought was very responsible. I got Chiquitita from her and she had kennel cough :(...I felt so stupid cus i thought...well...i got Sally Lolita from a pet store but now I won't make the same mistake...I will be responsible and I will get this new baby from a responsible breeder. Anyway, I fell in love with her inmediately, and even though according to the contract I could return Chiquitita to be healed by the breeder, or to get a new puppy, I decided to keep her with me. Obviously, I had seen the vet and talk to him first...so she started a long treatment and after 2 months of antibiotics she was finally well...she is really healthy and happy now...I went back to El Salvador a little over a month ago...and my mom said she didn't want to keep Sally Lolita anymore, because she was not able to housebreak her. She was a barker and she she felt bad she was not doing a good job as her mom. That's when I decided to bring her with me, I spent a month in El Salvador and she learned to use the puppy training pads, she was also a runner, she would leave and not come back...I focused on working on that too and she stopped running away and she now comes back when called. She didn't like being touched nor held, but that's fixed now too. Well...she came with me to Canada last wednesday and her sisters Chiquitita and Fallon( a shih tzu) went to wlelcome her at the airport. They are very good friends and they love playing together, (Chiquitita and Sally Lolita), Fallon stays away from those games, she is a grown doggy and she doesn't like to be disturbed by the puppies.
Sally Lolita has some agressivity issues due to bad socialization and I am working on that, but I am sure she will get better. She is super smart and a very fast learner. When she got home, she started peeing on the carpet and all around the apt. I think the change had her all stressed out, but with surveilance and dedication she is going back to her usual good manners. She was a barker ( a real barker) and that's improving a lot too. She is so loving now, and she loves to be held and to sleep on our laps. She is just a sweetheart. They will start school next month and I can hardly wait. I hope I will meet more people who love chis as much as I do now, and that we will be able to help each other on this great task that we have as caregivers of our precious babies.

These are a couple of pix
http://www.adobe.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?showSlide=true&Uc=18h9ai2r.ni5cwu7&Uy=-8eytuz&Ux=0

http://www.adobe.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?Uc=18h9ai2r.ni5cwu7&Uy=-8eytuz&Ux=0&collid=90742954307&page=1&sort_order=0

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Yes...I know..it was sad...and I was very worried. Thanks God she's over it now and playing with Sally Lolita as as type. My friend also got a chi from the same breeder and she also had the kennel cough. Ophir's been sick for over 3 months now, and my friend had to give her back to the breeder, she told my friend she might have to give her a new pup :( she is very sad.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aww, they look precious and full of personality! I'm so sorry to hear of her health troubles, and hope everything will be smooth from now on :)

·
Registered
642 Posts
:wave: :wave: Welcome to the board. Your chi's are absolutely adorable!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Hi and wecome to the forum! Your Chi's look simply gorgeous!!! Have fun from xfeex and deano x

1 - 15 of 15 Posts