Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I'm a new Chihuahua Mommy. :) We have had a puggle and a Bassett Hound for 8 years, on April 1, our Huckleberry (Bassett) passed away of a Heart attack. It broke our hearts, and our puggle 'LittleBit' was greiving more than we were. About 2 weeks later, as I was returning from a trip to see my folks, I called my husband, and said...Lock up Littlebit and come outside, we're heading for the Animal shelter. As I had been gone 2 weeks, he was like.....what???? I said, I don't know why, but we HAVE to go today. We had talked about getting a chihuahua puppy eventually , since we'd had a chihuahua almost 14 years earlier in our marriage, but NEVER had we thought of going to the shelter since puppies are almost impossible to get there. Well guess what...TWO puppies, littermates, were just waiting for US! Within an hour our 'children' were given our names, and the next day we picked them up after they were neutered. I still am totally in shock at how these 2 little ones came to be in our lives and so quickly into our hearts. Since my husband is retired, and I'm a homemaker, we have tons of time for these 2 (and our littlebit) and trust me, when the day is over ...WE need our sleep! I'm looking forward to being part of the Moms and Dads here.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
It was obviously meant to be! Welcome to the forum, can't wait to hear more about your two babies. Plus pictures, we need lots of pictures!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
That's awesome! They were definitely meant for you guys. Welcome to CP! I'm sure you will enjoy it here! Post some pics of your fur family when you can! We love pics. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts