Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a brown toy chihuahua, and the reason I joined this forum is to ask about a limp he has... I cannot really tell what leg is bothering him, the back left looks like it sticks out a little more since yesterday I guess...
But he does not want to lie down for a long time, I have touched all his nails with no response, and I have flipped him and tugged a little at his limbs with no response.... the most I got was a sneer when I tried to scratch his side and make his rear leg go totally straight as normal, but he did not want to go along with it.
Yet I lift him and let his legs dangle, he stands on both evenly without complaint, I can grab and squeeze on them without complaint... it almost seems like he is normal, but he goes slow, bobs his head while he walks and acts hesitant to stay laid down.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Hi,
Please consult a vet. Sounds to me that there is plenty for concern there. Better safe than sorry.
Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Your pup needs to see a vet, it sounds like he's in pain. There is nothing anyone can do here but guess what the problem may be, it's either a genetic problem like luxating patella, or he has injured himself in some way, only a vet an give you those answers. How long has this been going on?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi! Did your doggie get into any dangerous things that aren't digestible? I did a lot of reading on gastrointestinal blockages and one of the symptoms is not being able to lay down comfortable or for long periods of time. Now, I don't want to scare you I just want to give you some signs to look for so you can better informed as to what to tell your vet that you think is wrong with your doggy.

look for straining when trying to poop as well as a stiff abdomen with discomfort in that area. Also look for vomiting, lack of apetite, lethargy. i know these symptoms are seen a lot but take him to the vet and try to help him as best you can. Best wishes.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Just looking for an update. Hope things are OK

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I hope this isn't yet another one of those people who comes on here hoping for a diagnosis and when they're advised to see a vet they never come back to update. =(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts