Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am slightly backwards because I probably should have posted my introduction here before posting in the main forum, but I just got ahead of myself because I was so excited to find people who love there chi's as much as I love mine :wink:

O.k here it goes, my little Lola is now just over a year old and I just love her to pieces. She is a good girl but we had some separation anxiety issues when I went back to work full-time after she was 8 months of age. This ended up causing me to put her into a doggie daycare (my vet's advice), which she absolutely loved but it was so expensive, then she ended up having surgery to correct a problem with her hip and I had to take her out of daycare and keep a close eye on her at home. She is now nearly good as new and will probably be back at 100% within the next few months. My cousin in Dallas just got a chihuahua, so we are going to get the two of them together over Christmas for play time.

Lola is a really social dog, she just loves to greet everyone with kisses and will cry if a stranger passes without petting her. She also loves other dogs, when we go to the park there is a huge great dane that is very sweet and protective of her. He even chased off a pug that was trying to *ahem* assert his dominance.

I do not have any friends or relatives that live nearby with Chi's so I am hoping this forum will prove to be a good place for when I need advice or help with all things chi (and of course if I can help or provide advice I will happily do so). Everyone here seems really nice and willing to share their experiences with raising and caring for their chi's. Anyway, I am, glad to have found this forum.

·
Registered
889 Posts
welcome!! :wave: glad you found us...

where in ohio are you? there are a few of us on here in ohio-- i'm from cleveland but right now i'm in athens-- going to school. hope to get to know you better and see lots of pics of your little one! :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:wave: Hi Colleen13 - I am in Columbus. Right smack dab in between Cleveland and Athens :) Your little chi is too cute! Boy/Girl? How old? yeah! I love this forum :wave:

I am going to try to attach a picture of Lola when she was 9 weeks old, we'll see if this works. She had the prettiest green eyes, they have since gone to brown and her ears have never stood up for any extended period of time, sometimes one will pop up, so at this point I am pretty sure her ears will be mostly floppy forever.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hi and welcome!! My chi is a Lola too!!! I just love that name, it is so girly!! :wink: You will love this sight and all the people here!!!!

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Hi Rachel, glad you found us here :wave: you're going to be addicted soon just like the rest of us to this forum :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:wave: Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I think it is too late, I am already addicted. I went through the members pics (that was a great idea BTW), so now I feel like I "know" who I am talking to.

Everyone has such cute puppies! I am amazed at how popular the name Lola is...besides Sillymom's Lola, I counted at least one other chi also named Lola.......everyone always tells me that they think that is a perfect name for her.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and your chi's better in the future. Thanks again for the warm welcome :toothy7:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Lola is a beautiful little girl. I remember when Bosco's ears flopped over and I almost wished they would stay that way because it is so cute!

Your baby sure sounds like she is a wonderful pup. It's nice to know she is so social and loving, even to strangers. :) Welcome to our group! I'm looking forward to getting to know you and Lola better!

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Hi and Welcome :hello2:

Glad you found us.
Lola is adorable.
I'm glad to hear she is recovering so well from her surgery. I hope it continues and she is as good as new!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts