Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Krista, my chihuahua's name is Vanna (yes, after THAT Vanna). She is 8 weeks old. I also have a son named Trevor. I recently had surgery and am now in treatment for thyroid cancer, but all is well. Vanna is my "get well soon" gift from my husband. I am an Army Special Forces wife, but can't say that officially until the Q course is done and he's graduated! I take great pride in this beautiful country. I am temporarily in Oklahoma living with my parents, who are helping me with the child (and puppy, if needed) and will be moving to Fort Bragg, NC in April. I hope to meet other chihuahua owners, this is my first one and of course I think she's beautiful.

My hobbies are sewing, scrapbooking, loving on my son and husband, playing with Vanna.:hello1:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Krista .. I've just joined myself. Looking forward to seeing a pic of ur baby :) ... Glad things are going ok with ur thyroid ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Michelle! Yes he definitely surprised me with a chi. My good friend was selling them and he finally let me have one. So far all the furbabies get along (the 2 cats are set in their ways) and of course my son loves her too, he's very gentle. I look forward to meeting other chi-mamas (or chi-daddies) since I am trying to train her and have a few questions about the breed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome Krista. My mom is currently recovering from thyroid cancer surgery, so I have some idea about what you are going through. I am also new to these boards and have a lovely chibaby named Ziggy Stardust.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
My name is Krista, my chihuahua's name is Vanna (yes, after THAT Vanna). She is 8 weeks old. I also have a son named Trevor. I recently had surgery and am now in treatment for thyroid cancer, but all is well. Vanna is my "get well soon" gift from my husband. I am an Army Special Forces wife, but can't say that officially until the Q course is done and he's graduated! I take great pride in this beautiful country. I am temporarily in Oklahoma living with my parents, who are helping me with the child (and puppy, if needed) and will be moving to Fort Bragg, NC in April. I hope to meet other chihuahua owners, this is my first one and of course I think she's beautiful.

My hobbies are sewing, scrapbooking, loving on my son and husband, playing with Vanna.:hello1:
Hello and Welcome!

My understanding is that thyroid cancer is VERY treatable with great success. Get well soon.

I love folks who love our country! I love her too... she may not be perfect but she's better than anyplace else. NO offense! We should each love our own homeland.

Vanna is the best!!!! I love that for a chi girl name. You will love her indeed. She'll be such a wonderful little companion for you and your son.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm very happy to hear the surgery went well and what a sweet hubby to give you such a great get well gift! Can't wait to hear more about you and little Vanna!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Hi and welcome to the board! :)
I hate to hear about your thryoid cancer :-(

I look forward to seeing pics :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts