Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am a new chi owner, and very happy to be one. My little girl is named Ren, she is now 8 months old (born Feb 26, 2010) and weighs 3.4 pounds. My boyfriend named her after the cartoon, Ren and stimpy. She joined my family (2 tabby cats, Tigger & Roo & Rocky a bison/shitzu mix) as a sporadic purchase. We had gone to the pet store just to look around with Rocky. As soon as we walked in I saw Ren, a shy little girl that was sitting in a glass box at the front of the store with 3 yorkies and a little spaniel. One thing lead to another, and my boyfriend talked me into getting her. Now I rather not get a dog from a pet store (as they are associated with puppy mills!!), but we just couldn't walk away without her leaving with us. (I had done looking around in the shelters around the province and they had nothing for smaller dogs :-( ). She was a bit over weight when we first got her and had no defined waistline!

Ren is doing awesome and I'm so glad I got her and she didn't end up being an 'accessory' for someone else! She is still a bit skittish around new people (mainly men) but that is a work in progress. She loves going to the dog park to run around and meeting new dogs! It is adorable when the big dogs (St Bernard's, Dobermans, rotties etc) come up and greet her, its a constant reminder of how tiny she is!

She is on a raw diet, loves to chew on bison & beef marrow bones and lamb bones. She also enjoys our long walks in the warmer weather (she has been on walks that were over a km long!), but the walks are getting shorter as the weather is getting colder. She is getting along great with the family, loves to cuddle with Rocky or Roo (her 'big' buddies) and also loves going to 'grandmas house' to play in the backyard with my mom (grandma)'s dogs (Samira a collie/shepherd cross, Dart a pyrenean shepherd and Birdie a Jack Russell mix).

Hope to learn more and meet new friends!!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Hi!!
Welcome to CP :)
Looks like Ren is very spoilt!
Cant wait to see some pics.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Hello and welcome. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts