Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I thought I would pop in an say Hi:) I am Jess, and I am from Australia.
We have been passively looking for a dog for a while now, since we had our Dacshund x Chi, we were looking into a purebred dog, although if that failed we would get a rescue dog.

A few weeks ago I heard about some short haired Chihuahua puppies from a litter that is going to be sent to a certain major Petstore chain at 5.5 weeks old. No, there isn't any way of keeping the pups with there mother for an extra 3 weeks, as the person is coming from the country to the city, regardless at a certain time. The person who has the puppies is not a breeder, they were dog sitting a purebred bitch for a few months and a neighbours male Chihuahua got to her. A good friend of mine is also taking a pup, once it has spent a few weeks here and until it is old enough to be flown to her state.
I know a pup should not be taken away from its mother so early, but we can't let pups go to such a place, ever. So we are saving at 2 from being sent there. :)

We are picking up the puppies tomorrow as the woman is travelling down tomorrow, and we are all prepared for the tiny creatures, I must say I am a little bit daunted, but as I am an at-home-mum, I will be able to care for them well :)
It has been a good 2-3 weeks since we decided to rescue these puppies.

Jess

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
welcome :wave: glad to hear you are preventing them from going to the petstore! maybe you can talk to the woman who is bringing them there. at such a young age, that is a terrible place to be! unvaccinated, so tiny! grrr. :evil:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome!
I know, its not fair on pups so young to leave their mumma, letalone go to a Pet store :protest:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought I would share with you all!

The puppies arrived today!!
They are in good spirits and good health :blob7:

The person who had the pups told me the mother was a chihuahua, I had asked and she said "A full chihuahua" Well she wasn't. :? She was a Chi cross and was twice the size of one. Anyhow, that didn't stop us from taking them in :love7:
Who knows what the father is now, after she told me they both were chihuahua's. I am disappointed in that we were told they were chihuahuas, perhaps she thought we were not interested, I do not know what she thought :(

Anyhow, we have 2 siblings, Inca the female and Marshall the male.
They have settled in well and are eating soaked eukanuba kibble :) and puppy milk.

Here are some pics for you all!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with you!! :toothy7:

They will be so loved! They have already begun snuggling in the heart!

p.s Marshall is going to Mouse's home in a few weeks when he is old enough to fly, she & her family will love him for the rest of his days :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's good to hear that you took them in anyway...they are very adorable!! We had wanted a purebred but ended up with a pitbull mixed with a lab but she is still beautiful and we love her just the same !!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Omg, they are so sweet! Cute, cute, cute!! I love that deep fawn color!
And Welcome, btw!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aww, thanks for the kind replies guys :)

They are so adorable and I am seeing their personalities start to come out already.

They both are more Chi then their mother, and they are short, so I don't think they will be that big.

They are eating and sleeping alot! They were pretty good last night, a few whines here and there, which is good. They kept eachother snuggly :D

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
All i have to say is:-
awwwww
awwwww
awwwww
awwwww

Such cuties, love the colour and think you are doing a great job! keep it up! :wink:

:wave: xfayex and xdeanox

1 - 15 of 15 Posts