Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our family just gotten a 4 month old chi this past Sunday. We named her Star...well actually my husband named her that.

Star's very sweet and LOVES belly rubs. First thing she did when I walked into the breeder's house is flopped over for a belly rub. She does every morning when she wakes up or see me wakes up.

She went on 2 car trips so far. One was and hour and 45 min way to home and yesterday just locally. She got car sick both times! Is there any tips or tricks that she can get used to riding a car? She rides in a nice soft travel bag/crate that that the breeder gave us. I gotta find a way to cure her before we travel to KS sometime the end of the year.

·
Registered
110 Posts
hello and welcome to CP, i also have a 4 month old chi and he does great in the car. we mostly go on short trips around town and he does great but he is use to going. maybe she just needs to get use to riding. I would just keep taking her on short trips to store and things and try to get her use to it. good luck and keep us posted on you progress, we would love to see pics of star .

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
hi and welcome! sorry i missed this thread, theres so many newbies that come into the forum lately that its hard to keep up! haha :D well Dex was car sick when i first got him into the car for rides after taking him home. he would drool a bunch and foam! it was horrible...he even had a habit of puking when he ate and rode in the car right away which wasnt good at all. the only way i got him used to it was believe it or not leavin the window open the most i can as i get car sick as well so that helped me when im not the driver when im in a car....buses are another story...i hate bus rides LOL :lol: KC however was never car sick, i think its because her breeder took her out with her BFF puppy when they were almost ready for my to get her, so she gets the pups used to car rides and people and such which is great and less work for me! :D

i hope you find a way to get her used to car rides! how long is the ride to KS? :albino:

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Welcome. Angel had no problem with the car, but he comes to work with us which is just a 4 mile ride every day, so he got used to the car real quick!

But, yes, the way to get them used to it is short frequent rides. I got my golden from my son at 6 months old and they said she gets car sick. Well, she only got sick once with me. I took her on frequent short trips with the window wide open!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi and welcome! sorry i missed this thread, theres so many newbies that come into the forum lately that its hard to keep up! haha :D well Dex was car sick when i first got him into the car for rides after taking him home. he would drool a bunch and foam! it was horrible...he even had a habit of puking when he ate and rode in the car right away which wasnt good at all. the only way i got him used to it was believe it or not leavin the window open the most i can as i get car sick as well so that helped me when im not the driver when im in a car....buses are another story...i hate bus rides LOL :lol: KC however was never car sick, i think its because her breeder took her out with her BFF puppy when they were almost ready for my to get her, so she gets the pups used to car rides and people and such which is great and less work for me! :D

i hope you find a way to get her used to car rides! how long is the ride to KS? :albino:
Last year when we drove non-stop except for gas and bathroom, then had to drive slow and stop to zip tie our front bumper and inner wheel well because a raccoon with a body bigger than a basketball decided to suicide in front of us...about 24 hours. If we stop, we just stop overnight, so 2 days with a stop to sleep. And that is with 2 small kids!

Now she doesn't get sick if she is not riding in her soft crate and in my lap. She still does get sick in a crate...usually just once now.

The breeder I got her from got Star used to someone touching her paws, that's a good thing when I clip her nails, no biting!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.