Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im new here,
i am currently owned by a white chi named Gus-gus and a cat named cocoa,
i got gus from a sheleter, hes an older chi and is definatly an only dog, he doesnt even like cocoa, but shes a feral rescue too and the two tend to keep their distance, she doesnt like people all that much anywayz, and is mostly a barn cat.
gus is now 8yrs old, still a puppy yet, ive had him for 4 yrs. his elderly owner passed away and they didnt find her or poor gus-gus for 3 days, so he was fairly shaken, it took him a long time to wram up to me, but luckily i live alone.
i am diagnosed with advanced social anxiety disorder, and agoraphobia, i dont leave my house much so gus-gus is my only company, i work from home for a computer company so we spend lots of time at the computer and in my yard, its nice to have a fecned 1 1/2 acres for him to play in.
if he wasnt so one dog id have a whole pack running round.

its nice to find a community of lovers of this breed, they have such a bad rep by those that dont know them, and gusgus is one of only 4 chis i know of in the area.
ill admit, i spoil him ALOT!

here is a picutre of gus-gus in my yard.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Welcome :wave: :wave:

What a wonderful looking little guy you have there , he looks fantastic :D

I really understand how much gus means to you , last year I was diagnosed with a odd thyroid disease , so some times I really can't do much and I spend a lot of time just 'fizzy & me' so I know how chi's make the most wonderful friends :):)

Sara & Fizzy Dave xx

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I am so happy that you adopted gus froma shelter there are so many pets in need of a home. Gus is so cute I love his short little nose & boy does he look white how often do you bathe him? O & welcome

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Welcome and Gus is great!! He looks a whole lot like my Bruiser :shock: He is white also, with a few fawn spots.

sandra

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gus gus gets bathed once a month he has dry skin so he has to have a mosturizing bath once a month. its an oatmeal shampoo but its specially made for white dogs. i get it free from my vet because gus-gus is a shelter dog and the vet works directly with he shelter, he was going to adopt him but 'let' me have him.
when i first got him he had a few more tan patches but not he only has a few tan hairs in the tip of his tail and on his ears...

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
he's very good looking :) i battle depression off and on, and because of my 2 year relationship ending, then shortly after that i lost my rescued german short hair pointer i felt the depression starting to overtake me. then i got my little chi girl and it's only been about 2 weeks but my mood has changed a lot. sure i have friends, family a great job but something about this puppy, it's almost as if my pointer pushed us together. she knew i was sad before she had to be put to sleep and i feel as if some weird force pushed me to look for chiwi. i never wanted a chi, then something jsut sparked inside me..... it's weird..... i totally understnad what gusgus must be to you!

welcome :wave:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts