Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I have not been on here in ages!! It's been crazy! My last year in college and I have started teaching in a third grade classroom and I've also started my own Mary Kay business, so it's been hectic!

Bella turned a year old about a month and a half ago:) I made her and Libby this home-made doggie cake..They LOVED it! Bella is doing awesome whereas I am about done with Libby. I had her scheduled to get spayed and then she went into heat, so i had to cancel it. Her aggression is getting worse and worse by the day. I've tried so many things. I called Bella's breeder yesterday and she is such a sweetie. She talked to me for an hour about it and what I could try to help her. It's so nice to have people who just try and help you out. Definitely encouraging. I really am starting to think that it is just something genetic with her. I don't remember if anyone remembers the white one that we were given??? Well, I talked to the owner of him and she said he is very mean and "not all there". I have tried calling the breeder a few times just to get advice, but no respond. What in the world do I do if this is just something neurologically wrong with her and training cannot fix it? It is putting so much stress on me right now that I do not need, so I am going to let my grandma take her for a while. Maybe she just needs some time away. I don't know if that is the best thing to do, but this whole situation is causing me to have breakdowns and is affecting Bella as well. I wish I could have another little clone of Bella..haha, she is perfect.

Sorry about my rant! I am just stressed and this is a great place to come with my Chihuahua stress..No one understands what I am going through besides Bella's breeder and others like you all.

I hope everyone is doing great! I really need to start getting on here more often..I feel as though everything started to go bad once I got busy and stopped getting on:( Boooo.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hey! It's good to see you around. I'm sorry about your problems with Libby :( That is really too bad. She was such a sweet little thing. Does your grandma know what kind of tricks to try on her training?

I want to see new pictures of Bella! And Happy belated birthday to her!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
aww amber i'm sorry about libby. That really can put a strain on you.
Congrats on your teaching position. :D Hope things are going better for you, i know last i heard you had said you and your bf had broken up and you were really upset. I've thought about you often.
Good luck with the libby situation. And please post some pics when you have time. :) You can always count on us when you want to rant. ;)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey! It's good to see you around. I'm sorry about your problems with Libby :( That is really too bad. She was such a sweet little thing. Does your grandma know what kind of tricks to try on her training?

I want to see new pictures of Bella! And Happy belated birthday to her!
Thanks! I'll have to upload some new ones of her..I've just been so busy that I really haven't had time! It's been insane! And about Libby..I'm not for sure what to do for her..I think I need to call my vet and see what she suggests. Is it possible for dogs to be bi-polar?!

I hope your babies are doing well:)

aww amber i'm sorry about libby. That really can put a strain on you.
Congrats on your teaching position. :D Hope things are going better for you, i know last i heard you had said you and your bf had broken up and you were really upset. I've thought about you often.
Good luck with the libby situation. And please post some pics when you have time. :) You can always count on us when you want to rant. ;)
Yea, Libby is really making me more stressed than I should be. Her and Bella are like night and day. Totally opposite girls. Bella wouldn't harm a fly and is so precious, and Libby is a little terror. I hate saying that, but it's so hard to deal with. I am running out of options. Do you still talk to Kim at all? She is such a sweetheart..I called her yesterday and she listened to all my drama! Hahah. Jordan and I are back together and doing much better..We needed the break! Life has just been super busy with school and work and everything! Hope Miss Leila is getting along well! I bet she has grown up alot!!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Yes i have kim on facebook and we've texted quite a bit. I was very close to getting a pup from her, but decided i'd better wait. Money wise we've had some unexpected expenses and now was not a good time. I told her i still would like a puppy from her. So glad you told me about her. ;) I think we should get bella luna cloned so i can have one and you can have another. :laughing8: Glad to hear your lovelife is back on track! :) Leila is 6 lbs now and still short and tiny lol. She got spayed on friday so she is recuperating. I was so afraid she would have a heat before i got her in there *she was 7 mos* but luckily she didnt. Now get crackin' on them pics!! :D

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello and Welcome back, Sorry you are having problems with Libby. I hope you can get some great info on here. I have missed seeing little Bella as well. You can rant to us anytime , we understand...

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I was wondering why I hadnt seen you on in awhile. I am so sorry this is happening, I had so hoped that Libby was the baby for you. You just never know, it is so hard when the breeder isnt there for you and your not sure about their line. I am sure you will make the right decision what ever it may be.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Has Libby ever had her thyroid checked? Low thyroid can cause uncharacteristic aggression. Sorry you are dealing with that, aggression is never easy.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes i have kim on facebook and we've texted quite a bit. I was very close to getting a pup from her, but decided i'd better wait. Money wise we've had some unexpected expenses and now was not a good time. I told her i still would like a puppy from her. So glad you told me about her. ;) I think we should get bella luna cloned so i can have one and you can have another. :laughing8: Glad to hear your lovelife is back on track! :) Leila is 6 lbs now and still short and tiny lol. She got spayed on friday so she is recuperating. I was so afraid she would have a heat before i got her in there *she was 7 mos* but luckily she didnt. Now get crackin' on them pics!! :D
I LOVE LOVE LOVE her...I have been talking to Kim about everyday about Libby. She is such a sweetie and her dogs are amazing. I was scheduled to get Libby spayed and go figure, she started the week before! Booooo! Haha

Hello and Welcome back, Sorry you are having problems with Libby. I hope you can get some great info on here. I have missed seeing little Bella as well. You can rant to us anytime , we understand...
Thanks:) I am working with her, but it's getting to be too much for me. I talked to her breeder today and asked her about what's going on. She recommended a trainer, but to be honext, I can't afford to hire one for her and I feel bad. I think it may be best to rehome her, if I can even do that with her personality. But I will get some pics of them up here:) Bella is such a sweetie! Hope Zoey is doing great:)

I was wondering why I hadnt seen you on in awhile. I am so sorry this is happening, I had so hoped that Libby was the baby for you. You just never know, it is so hard when the breeder isnt there for you and your not sure about their line. I am sure you will make the right decision what ever it may be.
You know what, it's something that took a while to see. Life happens and I pray that I did not cause any of this attitude coming from her. I think she just needs to be somewhere where it is just her. I think she gets jealous. She is a very sweet girl most of the time, but she just has this agression over food. I almost this she is scared of hands..sounds kinda weird, but I think she is. She gets very fearful when she sees hands or fingers..it's strange. Haha..Hope everything is going well with you:)

Has Libby ever had her thyroid checked? Low thyroid can cause uncharacteristic aggression. Sorry you are dealing with that, aggression is never easy.
Hmm, I have never heard of that before..Do you have anymore info on this? I do need to take her to the vet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts