Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just signed up today - I am from Long Island, NY and have 2 pups. Deuce and 4 and a half year old chocolate chihuahua and Honey a 5 year old chihuahua/pitbull mix :) I came across this forum while browsing food nutrition for them.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I have spent hours researching lol. Deuce has allergies - food and seasonal. After many vet trips, dermatologists and lots of $$$ I decided to take him off everything and just try to focus solely on his diet - he now looks great! He still has a very itchy season from July to September but nothing like before. I have gone through every kibble out there, tried raw and now feed THK Thrive and Embark. I am looking to mix it up with possibly some Ziwipeak air dried or raw. Right now I cook meat and add some to each meal. I thought he was allergic to chicken but does fine on cooked chicken and the chicken in Thrive - so maybe it was just in the kibble. Who knows - it's pretty hard to figure out exactly what it is.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Welcome. You will find great stuff here:cool: The diet section will help the allergies a lot, but for the seasonal you will probably still need some med's (at least I do for my border collie--the chi's are too young to know, but I think they are good--whew!):)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
how did i miss this! finally someone that is from li too lol :lol: yay! welcome to the forum! months and months later

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!
Glad you found your way here
Don't forget to post photos soon!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you :) I'm hoping I can get a siggy made I have to look for some pictures :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts